Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Medical Tax Deduction for ESWT Treatments

Posted by Rene S. on 2/16/01 at 13:50 (039168)

Just to let some of you know that I contacted Revenue Canada about claiming the ESWT treatment costs on my 2000 Tax form.
They say that the treatment is not on their 'list' but to submit the receipt and a description of the procedure(the pamplet?) and they will consider it.

Re: Medical Tax Deduction for ESWT Treatments

john h on 2/18/01 at 18:17 (039337)

i for one listed it as a medical expense. some insurance companies cover it and it is approved by the FDA. you of course have to cross a certain threshold, which i cannot remember, before your medical deductions kick in. something like 7% of adjusted gross income. the good old Turbo Tax does all the thinking for you.

john h on 2/18/01 at 18:18 (039338)

my comments were directed at the U.S. Internal Revenue Code not the Canadian.

john h on 2/18/01 at 18:17 (039337)

i for one listed it as a medical expense. some insurance companies cover it and it is approved by the FDA. you of course have to cross a certain threshold, which i cannot remember, before your medical deductions kick in. something like 7% of adjusted gross income. the good old Turbo Tax does all the thinking for you.

john h on 2/18/01 at 18:18 (039338)

my comments were directed at the U.S. Internal Revenue Code not the Canadian.