Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Spur Removal-Stress Fracture

Posted by Becky H on 2/16/01 at 19:30 (039201)

Hi I had a heel spur removed on Nov 8, 2000. The surgery went great and now I cant even tell where the heel spur was located. Just recently I have been having severe pain in my ankle and other side of foot. Has anyone else had this to happen. Also, what is Stress Fracture?

Re: Heel Spur Removal-Stress Fracture

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/16/01 at 20:57 (039212)

A stress fracture is a crack in the boney fibers in the heel .

The cutting of the plantar fascia puts stress and weight on others of your foot. It is still healing.

Dr. Biehler on 2/17/01 at 08:00 (039245)

A stress fracture can happen to a bone when there is too much pressure applied to it causing the bone to breack. The bone usually stays in aliegnment but can be very painfull. It tends to take up to two weeks for these to show on a x-ray. Some PF surgeries destabilize the lateral ( outside ) part of the foot and results in too much pressure being applied, usually to the cuboid bone. At the same time, a release of the plantar fascia can cause a drop in the arch and result in ankle pain do to the change in your biomechanics. These problems can be addressed by your doctor , usually in a satisfactory manner. Dr. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/16/01 at 20:57 (039212)

A stress fracture is a crack in the boney fibers in the heel .

The cutting of the plantar fascia puts stress and weight on others of your foot. It is still healing.

Dr. Biehler on 2/17/01 at 08:00 (039245)

A stress fracture can happen to a bone when there is too much pressure applied to it causing the bone to breack. The bone usually stays in aliegnment but can be very painfull. It tends to take up to two weeks for these to show on a x-ray. Some PF surgeries destabilize the lateral ( outside ) part of the foot and results in too much pressure being applied, usually to the cuboid bone. At the same time, a release of the plantar fascia can cause a drop in the arch and result in ankle pain do to the change in your biomechanics. These problems can be addressed by your doctor , usually in a satisfactory manner. Dr. B.