Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel spurs and shockwave

Posted by Dr. Kosova on 2/17/01 at 01:12 (039235)

anyone have esw tx and have plantar spurs and did not get improvement.
David, do you have any idea how many of your patients that you did ESWT on had plantar spurs vs a pointed heel plantarly and the success of those patients vs non spurring ESWT pts. I dont mean for you to answer this now I just thought that this would be interesting. Now you have a retroactive study. Personally how much relief do you think is from the ESWT alone compared to ESWT with orthotics?? I should go to sleep now Im thinking to much. Thanks.

DR. Kosova

Re: heel spurs and shockwave

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/17/01 at 06:46 (039238)

Either you are sleeping or you need to go to sleep. Just kidding. Alot of what you are asking is already in the book published by the European Shockwave book. AS far pointed vs non-pointed . Don't get much of the plantr pointed but this should be looked into for systemic involvement such as Reiter's Syndrome or Osteoarthritis, or Rhematoid Arthritis Just joking about the sleeping.

Re: heel spurs and shockwave

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/17/01 at 06:46 (039238)

Either you are sleeping or you need to go to sleep. Just kidding. Alot of what you are asking is already in the book published by the European Shockwave book. AS far pointed vs non-pointed . Don't get much of the plantr pointed but this should be looked into for systemic involvement such as Reiter's Syndrome or Osteoarthritis, or Rhematoid Arthritis Just joking about the sleeping.