Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

5 days post eswt

Posted by Kay S on 2/17/01 at 15:43 (039267)

Here is my latest report for those interested.
I was sore from the treatment for a few days, but today I think that soreness is either gone or too little to notice. I worked yesterday, mostly at the desk, but the last two hours we were busy and I was up most of the time. Was I uncomfortable? Yes, a little, but certainly not as much as I have been prior to my ESWT treatments.
I still have pain when I am up, but now it is different in that it does not make me lose my concentration. I noticed yesterday that I stood for about two minutes (I haven't been able to stand for more than a few seconds without being in agony) and although I was looking for the nearest place to lean or sit, I didn't feel that same desperation that has been a part of my life for so long.
When I walked from my car to the parking lot, I actually stepped heel to toe, almost like a normal person. I had to concentrate to do it, but I was very proud of myself for this accomplishment.
I have a very long way to go, but at least now I think I am headed in the right direction. I am expecting to have some bad days, but think they will not go on forever. And I think I may have some good days, and maybe some really really good days woven into this scenario also. I know pain isn't normal, but if I can get into the very low numbers on the pain scale, I would be sooooooooooooooooooo soooooooooooooooooo excited. I suppose then I'd want it ALL to go away, because that is human nature. But for right now, I am very satisfied with what is happening so far.
I will keep updating if there is anything to tell.
Kay

Re: 5 days post eswt

Laurie R on 2/17/01 at 17:15 (039271)

Hi Kay,
This is so positive .You sound like you are doing wonderful. I understand it has only been 5 days ,but that is a start. We need to hang on to all the good days ,whether it is one or two ect. Keep feeling good. You sure deserve it ......Laurie R

Julie on 2/18/01 at 02:38 (039294)

Kay, I can only imagine how happy you must be after all the years of pain. I do hope this marvellous improvement continues steadily. Yes, there will be bad days, but I remember Nancy S (I think it was Nancy) saying that once you're really on the up the bad days are never so bad, and there are more and more good ones. Keep climbing! I'm happy for you.

Julie

Laurie R on 2/17/01 at 17:15 (039271)

Hi Kay,
This is so positive .You sound like you are doing wonderful. I understand it has only been 5 days ,but that is a start. We need to hang on to all the good days ,whether it is one or two ect. Keep feeling good. You sure deserve it ......Laurie R

Julie on 2/18/01 at 02:38 (039294)

Kay, I can only imagine how happy you must be after all the years of pain. I do hope this marvellous improvement continues steadily. Yes, there will be bad days, but I remember Nancy S (I think it was Nancy) saying that once you're really on the up the bad days are never so bad, and there are more and more good ones. Keep climbing! I'm happy for you.

Julie