Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

results on chair on 3 legs

Posted by wanda m on 2/20/01 at 07:53 (039437)

goodmorning everyone, i went to the Flordia state fair Friday nitht didnt want to go but my husband did so here we go.I carried my little stool (what i call it) the name on is sports seat. It is so light and also has a handle for a good hand grip like a cane . When my feet started hurting i just folded out my stool and set down any where we stopped, for there was no chairs any where. God what a wonderful found friend!!!!!!!!!!! I got in the golf section of the sports authority.

Also took my 5 B-12 in the nerve in side of foot and today i am walking around GOOD. People lined up in waiting room to see Dr Shandles. Dr Z i told him of our talk and he said please call or write , he still is planning on getting online but new baby at night is very demanding. If anyone is in Fl area i think you should try and see this man.

Re: results on chair on 3 legs

john a on 2/20/01 at 08:07 (039438)

Wanda, I think I found that three-legged chair/seat/cane you mentioned, on-line: http://www.thesportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=15977
Looks good. Cheap too. Thanks for the tip!

Barbara TX on 2/20/01 at 09:21 (039441)

Thanks for the link, John. I'm getting myself one. Tell me, how have you been feeling lately? I can't remember what your progress has been like. B.

john a on 2/20/01 at 13:39 (039463)

Thanks for asking, TX Barb. My progress has been pretty much nil after 23 months of PF, but I haven't had any setbacks either, which is something perhaps. But I still need to obey 'the 10 minute rule' or else I regret it (though for me it's more like 6 minutes). I'm waiting to win Dr. Z's ESWT lottery. Or for insurance to cover it. Or for my sanity to run out. Whichever comes first :-)

Brian G on 2/20/01 at 18:59 (039489)

Good deal Wanda, I'd glad the B-12 shots are still working for you. Has Dr. Shandles said what his cure rate is? I take it this is his own treatment, or did he learn it from someone else?

Laters
BG

Re: John A

Barbara TX on 2/20/01 at 20:26 (039506)

I have a long term case as well... I just tend to panic when I think back upon my history, because I have never been sick of injured for such a long time before. Does the 10 minute rule mean that you are only on your feet for ten minutes? I am sticking to the five minute rule around here (or less). I am not sure that sanity has completely run out, but I am close! B.

john a on 2/21/01 at 15:15 (039570)

Right, someone else on the board coined the phrase '10 minute rule' and it pretty much applies to me too: don't remain on your feet for more than 10 consecutive minutes. Of course, it's awful tough to shop for groceries without breaking that rule, especially if you're unlucky enough to find yourself waiting impatiently on line even at 7:30 in the AM while the pain in your feet slowly intensifies!

Re: Attn: Steve P., this thread wants more info on 10 min. rule.

Kim B. on 2/22/01 at 01:37 (039618)

Hi all, I think Steve P. started the 10 minute rule. He credits it with helpin him quite a bit.

I'd need a timer to wear around my neck, time is a big blurr with the little emperior calling all the shots.

Steve, give us an update and guide lines for the ten minute rule.

Regards, Kim B.

Re: Ten Minute Rule clarification

Steve P on 2/23/01 at 18:51 (039763)

You're right, Kim. I believe I introduced the Ten Minute Rule to the board. It was suggested to me by my PT last year. He felt that a person with significant PF should try to limit the time on their feet to 10 minutes per hour until they get improvement. In other words, they should be off their feet approx. 50 minutes out of a typical hour & could then be up & about the other 10 minutes (which may or may not be all at one time). These are just approximate times......they needn't be measured with a watch.

This approach allows the person about 2 1/2 to 3 hours on their feet per day, which is certainly a minimal amount but enough to function if they have a desk job or work at home. It also allows for brief trips in & out of stores, pumping gasoline, etc., which everyone needs.

With improvement, of course, 10 minutes will become 15, then 20, etc., until there is no limit (& hopefully no PF either!)

Hope that helps..........Steve

john a on 2/20/01 at 08:07 (039438)

Wanda, I think I found that three-legged chair/seat/cane you mentioned, on-line: http://www.thesportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=15977
Looks good. Cheap too. Thanks for the tip!

Barbara TX on 2/20/01 at 09:21 (039441)

Thanks for the link, John. I'm getting myself one. Tell me, how have you been feeling lately? I can't remember what your progress has been like. B.

john a on 2/20/01 at 13:39 (039463)

Thanks for asking, TX Barb. My progress has been pretty much nil after 23 months of PF, but I haven't had any setbacks either, which is something perhaps. But I still need to obey 'the 10 minute rule' or else I regret it (though for me it's more like 6 minutes). I'm waiting to win Dr. Z's ESWT lottery. Or for insurance to cover it. Or for my sanity to run out. Whichever comes first :-)

Brian G on 2/20/01 at 18:59 (039489)

Good deal Wanda, I'd glad the B-12 shots are still working for you. Has Dr. Shandles said what his cure rate is? I take it this is his own treatment, or did he learn it from someone else?

Laters
BG

Barbara TX on 2/20/01 at 20:26 (039506)

I have a long term case as well... I just tend to panic when I think back upon my history, because I have never been sick of injured for such a long time before. Does the 10 minute rule mean that you are only on your feet for ten minutes? I am sticking to the five minute rule around here (or less). I am not sure that sanity has completely run out, but I am close! B.

john a on 2/21/01 at 15:15 (039570)

Right, someone else on the board coined the phrase '10 minute rule' and it pretty much applies to me too: don't remain on your feet for more than 10 consecutive minutes. Of course, it's awful tough to shop for groceries without breaking that rule, especially if you're unlucky enough to find yourself waiting impatiently on line even at 7:30 in the AM while the pain in your feet slowly intensifies!

Re: Attn: Steve P., this thread wants more info on 10 min. rule.

Kim B. on 2/22/01 at 01:37 (039618)

Hi all, I think Steve P. started the 10 minute rule. He credits it with helpin him quite a bit.

I'd need a timer to wear around my neck, time is a big blurr with the little emperior calling all the shots.

Steve, give us an update and guide lines for the ten minute rule.

Regards, Kim B.

Re: Ten Minute Rule clarification

Steve P on 2/23/01 at 18:51 (039763)

You're right, Kim. I believe I introduced the Ten Minute Rule to the board. It was suggested to me by my PT last year. He felt that a person with significant PF should try to limit the time on their feet to 10 minutes per hour until they get improvement. In other words, they should be off their feet approx. 50 minutes out of a typical hour & could then be up & about the other 10 minutes (which may or may not be all at one time). These are just approximate times......they needn't be measured with a watch.

This approach allows the person about 2 1/2 to 3 hours on their feet per day, which is certainly a minimal amount but enough to function if they have a desk job or work at home. It also allows for brief trips in & out of stores, pumping gasoline, etc., which everyone needs.

With improvement, of course, 10 minutes will become 15, then 20, etc., until there is no limit (& hopefully no PF either!)

Hope that helps..........Steve