Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Needle-prick feeling in legs

Posted by CELIA on 2/20/01 at 15:28 (039469)

Occasionally I get this needle-prick type shooting pain down my legs. They don't last but two seconds, but they jump around. Sometimes it's under a toe, on my calf, on the back of my heel, in the outer part of my feet while putting my shoes on. Why does that happen? Also, sometimes it hurts to keep my legs crossed because I will start to feel my calf being bruised by my knee or I'll feel a charlie horse starting to happen. Could I be lacking some form of mineral? Could it be neurological?

Re: Needle-prick feeling in legs

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/20/01 at 19:33 (039494)

Sounds like it is coming from the lower back . Have a complete lower extremity vascular, neurological and systemic evaluation as soon as possible. Wish I could just tell you to to step into my office but this needs a hands on evaluation and possible further testing.

Re: Needle-prick feeling in legs

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/20/01 at 19:33 (039494)

Sounds like it is coming from the lower back . Have a complete lower extremity vascular, neurological and systemic evaluation as soon as possible. Wish I could just tell you to to step into my office but this needs a hands on evaluation and possible further testing.