Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Possible bone spur?

Posted by Colleen T on 2/20/01 at 18:21 (039486)

The outside of my big toe becomes very tender after wearing pantyhose or socks for several hours. It doesn't seem to matter what type of shoe. The pain subsides shortly after I remove my hosiery. Is this a possible bone spur? I had bone spurs removed from my fifth toes years ago. I do not have any type of callous or protrusions. Thanks for your help.

Re: Possible bone spur?

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/20/01 at 19:31 (039493)

IT could be a bone spur. It could be a bursitis, tendonitis. There is aboney structure in the area that you are talking about. So get to a doctor and have an x-ray to find exactly what is going on.

sore toe on 4/20/01 at 02:50 (045161)

I have the same thing,my Big Toe actually gets a litte red. I always assumed,it was a ingrown toenail.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/20/01 at 19:31 (039493)

IT could be a bone spur. It could be a bursitis, tendonitis. There is aboney structure in the area that you are talking about. So get to a doctor and have an x-ray to find exactly what is going on.

sore toe on 4/20/01 at 02:50 (045161)

I have the same thing,my Big Toe actually gets a litte red. I always assumed,it was a ingrown toenail.