Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

how many time do you need for to feel o.k ?????

Posted by Daniel R. on 2/24/01 at 21:34 (039824)

Drs. i have a special question, when you received your second treatment, how many time do you need for to feel o.k, my problem is plantar fascitis in the right foot, i took my treatment with a Dornier Machine, with:

Level energy 5
Frecuency 120
pulses 2000

what do you think Dr. Z ?????

Re: how many time do you need for to feel o.k ?????

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/25/01 at 06:22 (039841)

I am not sure if this is high energy of low energy my guess is that it is low energy. So I am guessing that you are going to get a third treatment and then they are going to wait somewhere between six to twelve weeks. I have a book that talks about the dornier. Just get the joules/mm2 information. So that would be the level energy 5 number. You know it doesn't matter so long as the area is getting better go with the three treatments wait and see if you are getting better and better if you aren't then re-treat again. I would after the three treatment wait at least six weeks. The proof is you are getting better and better.

Now is your question that you feel good and want to know if you need more treatments or is your question how many treatment until all of the pain is gone. Please explain more and I will try to give you more information.

Go the the Soncur web site in this section and read about their low energy treatment program

Daniel R. on 2/27/01 at 10:22 (039992)

Dr. after the second session i have a nice improvement, i feel some changes in the zone of pain, because the pain not is in the same area, i told to the dr. and he saids this situation is normal, the pain was exactly under the heel, but in this moment is near to the arch.....what does main these changes ???????

Re: Some changes in the zone of pain !!!!!!!!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/27/01 at 22:03 (040041)

You can have different areas of pain after the ESWT treatment. Usually this is due to compensation in walking or the heel hurt so bad that you didn't notice that there was pain in other areas of the foot. So very typical with heel pain to have different areas of pain with the healing after ESWT. We get this post- surgical heel spur removal and plantar fascia release. Doesn't happen to all patients but I have seen this in both surgical and ESWT patients post treatment. Yes it is common and typical which is called normal

Dorron Shapow on 3/07/01 at 12:33 (040710)

Hello dont fret pain is part of the healing process the only thing you should have concern for is immediate short onset of pain, soreness is common due to mechanical trauma to the area, try using cold packs to clam the pain 15min twice a day, and dont walk with bare feet post ESWT for at least a month.

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/25/01 at 06:22 (039841)

I am not sure if this is high energy of low energy my guess is that it is low energy. So I am guessing that you are going to get a third treatment and then they are going to wait somewhere between six to twelve weeks. I have a book that talks about the dornier. Just get the joules/mm2 information. So that would be the level energy 5 number. You know it doesn't matter so long as the area is getting better go with the three treatments wait and see if you are getting better and better if you aren't then re-treat again. I would after the three treatment wait at least six weeks. The proof is you are getting better and better.

Now is your question that you feel good and want to know if you need more treatments or is your question how many treatment until all of the pain is gone. Please explain more and I will try to give you more information.

Go the the Soncur web site in this section and read about their low energy treatment program

Daniel R. on 2/27/01 at 10:22 (039992)

Dr. after the second session i have a nice improvement, i feel some changes in the zone of pain, because the pain not is in the same area, i told to the dr. and he saids this situation is normal, the pain was exactly under the heel, but in this moment is near to the arch.....what does main these changes ???????

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/27/01 at 22:03 (040041)

You can have different areas of pain after the ESWT treatment. Usually this is due to compensation in walking or the heel hurt so bad that you didn't notice that there was pain in other areas of the foot. So very typical with heel pain to have different areas of pain with the healing after ESWT. We get this post- surgical heel spur removal and plantar fascia release. Doesn't happen to all patients but I have seen this in both surgical and ESWT patients post treatment. Yes it is common and typical which is called normal

Dorron Shapow on 3/07/01 at 12:33 (040710)

Hello dont fret pain is part of the healing process the only thing you should have concern for is immediate short onset of pain, soreness is common due to mechanical trauma to the area, try using cold packs to clam the pain 15min twice a day, and dont walk with bare feet post ESWT for at least a month.