Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I've been living with foot pain for 2 years~~

Posted by Kim on 2/25/01 at 12:35 (039854)

Hello,
I am a 36 year old women with a 2 year history of heel and foot pain. I have been treated with every meathod known to man including excercises,meds,orthodic inserts,cortisone steroid injections,castings,walking casts,etc...And nothing has worked. I eventually ruptured the fascia in my right foot which caused nerve displacement.And now 5 weeks ago I ruptured the one in my left foot. Part of the left foot has remained numb like a shot of novacaine was injected into it since the injury. It has also been very slow to heel which concerns me. I am scheduled for surgery next month on the right foot for the nerve displacement. But i'm concerned it won't go well if my left foot is not up to baring the added weight. Have you heard of anything like this please let me know.

Sincerely,
Kim

Re: I've been living with foot pain for 2 years~~

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/25/01 at 14:46 (039856)

Hi,

Rupture of the plantar fascia following local steriod injection is a small occurence which I have seen in my practice. This is a unique problem in that you have a rupture in the opposite foot. What is the explanation for this occurence.

I would need additional information such as results of your neurological and lower back examination.

You are going to need a complete lower extremity clinicial evaluation.

I know that you have confidence in your present doctor but another opininon is necessary with your situation and rare bilateral rupture of the plantar fascia.

We are here to help you and give you all the guildance that you will need.
You will find the posters on this board very supporting and at the same time a wealth of information and experience.

Get another opinion. You may need to have an EMG and neurological examination.

Read all you came about TTS on this board.

Re: I've been living with foot pain for 2 years~~

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/25/01 at 14:46 (039856)

Hi,

Rupture of the plantar fascia following local steriod injection is a small occurence which I have seen in my practice. This is a unique problem in that you have a rupture in the opposite foot. What is the explanation for this occurence.

I would need additional information such as results of your neurological and lower back examination.

You are going to need a complete lower extremity clinicial evaluation.

I know that you have confidence in your present doctor but another opininon is necessary with your situation and rare bilateral rupture of the plantar fascia.

We are here to help you and give you all the guildance that you will need.
You will find the posters on this board very supporting and at the same time a wealth of information and experience.

Get another opinion. You may need to have an EMG and neurological examination.

Read all you came about TTS on this board.