Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ortotics?

Posted by Paula G. on 2/26/01 at 09:45 (039898)

I was casted Friday at my podiatrists office for ortotics. My question is can you please explain to me how these help? Does it somehow put even pressure on your feet or what?
The ones they showed me look somewhat hard.

Re: P.S. question on orthotics

Paula G. on 2/26/01 at 09:51 (039900)

I forgot to also ask how long the orthotics should be? The ones the Dr. showed me came probably almost to the toe.

Re: ortotics?

Dr. Biehler on 2/26/01 at 09:55 (039902)

Orthotics fuction either as accomodative, functional or a combination of both. When they are casted as opposed to off the shelf they are usually being custom made for your foot and the correction you need. They are generaly used to control the subtaylor joint by controling the calcanious, although they can have a number of other functions depending on how the prescription was written. Dr. .

Dr. Biehler on 2/26/01 at 09:57 (039903)

The length of the orthotics depends alot on the type of shoes they will be used in unless they are being made to control some part of the forefoot. Dr. B.

Paula G. on 2/26/01 at 09:51 (039900)

I forgot to also ask how long the orthotics should be? The ones the Dr. showed me came probably almost to the toe.

Re: ortotics?

Dr. Biehler on 2/26/01 at 09:55 (039902)

Orthotics fuction either as accomodative, functional or a combination of both. When they are casted as opposed to off the shelf they are usually being custom made for your foot and the correction you need. They are generaly used to control the subtaylor joint by controling the calcanious, although they can have a number of other functions depending on how the prescription was written. Dr. .

Dr. Biehler on 2/26/01 at 09:57 (039903)

The length of the orthotics depends alot on the type of shoes they will be used in unless they are being made to control some part of the forefoot. Dr. B.