Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Borage Seed Oil

Posted by john h on 2/26/01 at 16:05 (039923)

My office manager reported she was taking Borage Seed Oil for her arthritis and that her doctor had reccomended it for fibrosis in her breast. She said it was working for both. From what i read it is among many other things an anti-inflamatory. Never heard of it but that is what i am here for. I am like 'mikee'' i will eat anything.

Re: Borage Seed Oil

Barb-NY on 2/26/01 at 19:18 (039935)

I've took Borage many years ago for cystic mastitis. I take Evening Primrose Oil now. It contains the same basic ingredient, gamma linolinic acid (GLA). Also found in mother's milk.

Nancy N on 2/26/01 at 20:33 (039945)

I take this for cramps, and have done so for quite some time. To be homest, I'm not sure if it's doing anything. I also take flax oil for the same reasons. They're supposed to help block the prostaglandins that cause inflammation. Right now, I've taken them for so long that I'm afraid not to, though I haven't noticed any change in my feet or in the cramps that I can attribute to either oil. But you never know--what works for me may not work for you, and vice versa. I'm curious to hear what your experience is.

Barb-NY on 2/26/01 at 19:18 (039935)

I've took Borage many years ago for cystic mastitis. I take Evening Primrose Oil now. It contains the same basic ingredient, gamma linolinic acid (GLA). Also found in mother's milk.

Nancy N on 2/26/01 at 20:33 (039945)

I take this for cramps, and have done so for quite some time. To be homest, I'm not sure if it's doing anything. I also take flax oil for the same reasons. They're supposed to help block the prostaglandins that cause inflammation. Right now, I've taken them for so long that I'm afraid not to, though I haven't noticed any change in my feet or in the cramps that I can attribute to either oil. But you never know--what works for me may not work for you, and vice versa. I'm curious to hear what your experience is.