Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS

Posted by Fran W on 2/26/01 at 22:28 (039954)

I would like to talk to someone who has had TT surgery and is not in any more pain. I had this surgery 9 months ago and the only way I get any relief is with pain pills. I am going for another EMG on Friday to see if there is any change since surgery but I am beginning to feel as though this is the way I will be feeling all the time. I have considered accupucture, but I know that is temporary. What type of PT do you do? I went for some PT for a few weeks and did stretching exercises and tried a tens machine. I felt worse afterwards. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone know of any special place or any particular doctor that would know more about this problem? I do have confidence in my doctor since he is a very prominent surgeon known throughout the country but I do know second opinions don't hurt. Thanks for letting me vent.

Re: TTS

wendyn on 2/26/01 at 22:37 (039955)

Fran, unfortunately I have not really ever talked to anyone who has had full recovery from TTS surgery. There is a poster here named Karen who no longer has numbness from TTS but she still has foot pain that is related to PF.

Second opinions are always a good idea.

Acupuncture does not just mask pain - and it may or may not be temporary. I've really done remarkably well with acupuncture, and I think it's always worth a good try.

Do the doctors know what's causing the problems with your feet? Do you have structural problems or any other health problems?

chris d on 2/27/01 at 07:42 (039979)

I had tts surgery and a plantar facitis release in early november. I am completely free of heel pain that was caused by the PF and the tts pain is minimal. I still experience some weird tingling sensations when certain areas on the bottom of my foot is touched but the sensation and pain is nothing like what i used to have. Before surgery, by the end of the night, i couldn't walk. Now i am exercising again and enjoying activities. I have just been released from PT (started it about 3 weeks ago) and felt it was very helpful. They did ultrasound on the scar site and 'beat me up' with exercises to strengthen my ankle. I wish I had more information for you. I didn't find this site until after i had surgery, but feel lucky that i had found a doctor who was knowledgeable as i had only suffered about 10 months with pain before having the surgery.

Fran W on 3/01/01 at 00:08 (040133)

I may look into acupunture after I get the results from the EMG I am having on Friday. For the last two days I've been having more pain on the bottom of my feet. The only way I can explain it is that it feels as though I am walking on something hard. The muscle or nerve that runs along the bottom sometimes protrudes and causes me to limp. What kind of exercises would you recommend? Thanks for your support.

wendyn on 2/26/01 at 22:37 (039955)

Fran, unfortunately I have not really ever talked to anyone who has had full recovery from TTS surgery. There is a poster here named Karen who no longer has numbness from TTS but she still has foot pain that is related to PF.

Second opinions are always a good idea.

Acupuncture does not just mask pain - and it may or may not be temporary. I've really done remarkably well with acupuncture, and I think it's always worth a good try.

Do the doctors know what's causing the problems with your feet? Do you have structural problems or any other health problems?

chris d on 2/27/01 at 07:42 (039979)

I had tts surgery and a plantar facitis release in early november. I am completely free of heel pain that was caused by the PF and the tts pain is minimal. I still experience some weird tingling sensations when certain areas on the bottom of my foot is touched but the sensation and pain is nothing like what i used to have. Before surgery, by the end of the night, i couldn't walk. Now i am exercising again and enjoying activities. I have just been released from PT (started it about 3 weeks ago) and felt it was very helpful. They did ultrasound on the scar site and 'beat me up' with exercises to strengthen my ankle. I wish I had more information for you. I didn't find this site until after i had surgery, but feel lucky that i had found a doctor who was knowledgeable as i had only suffered about 10 months with pain before having the surgery.

Fran W on 3/01/01 at 00:08 (040133)

I may look into acupunture after I get the results from the EMG I am having on Friday. For the last two days I've been having more pain on the bottom of my feet. The only way I can explain it is that it feels as though I am walking on something hard. The muscle or nerve that runs along the bottom sometimes protrudes and causes me to limp. What kind of exercises would you recommend? Thanks for your support.