Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Numbness after surgery

Posted by Deb T on 2/27/01 at 13:35 (040007)

I had surgery to release my plantar fascia seven weeks ago. The inscions are healing well but I have some numbness in each foot on the bottom of the heal and around where the incision is.It is also still painful to weightbear on my heels. In the mornings i sometimes have a tingling in my right foot which makes it very painful to put it on the ground. I am also only able to wear my sneakers as of yet and no other shoes or boots. Is this normal? Should I see my doctor again? Should I be having phsyiotherapy?

Re: Numbness after surgery

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/27/01 at 15:10 (040015)

The type of pain and sensation that you are getting can be due to the healing and changes that are taking place from the cutting of the plantar fascia. Stretching and physical therapy are very good adjunctive treatments post heel spur surgery and or plantar fascia release.

See your doctor and discuss the pain and sensation that you are having.
Sometimes healing after this type of foot surgery can be up to six months. or more.

Re: Numbness after surgery

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/27/01 at 15:10 (040015)

The type of pain and sensation that you are getting can be due to the healing and changes that are taking place from the cutting of the plantar fascia. Stretching and physical therapy are very good adjunctive treatments post heel spur surgery and or plantar fascia release.

See your doctor and discuss the pain and sensation that you are having.
Sometimes healing after this type of foot surgery can be up to six months. or more.