Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF as a result of a broken foot?

Posted by Phil B. on 2/27/01 at 14:23 (040013)

Hi Doc(s);

Last November I broke the fifth metatarsal in my right foot. After a complication-free, six-week recovery, I resumed my regular routine of running, lifting weights, etc., only to find shortly thereafter that the classic 'morning steps' symptom was present. Is there a connection here? Do you think that my (probable) PF is the result of an atrophied and inflexible right calf? Thanks guys.

Phil

Re: PF as a result of a broken foot?

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/27/01 at 15:12 (040016)

Very likely the problem is directly related to a tigh and or atrophied achilles tendon . You need to stretch and have another evaluation to determine the condition of the plantar fascia and what steps you need to get the calf muscle back in shape.

Re: PF as a result of a broken foot?

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/27/01 at 15:12 (040016)

Very likely the problem is directly related to a tigh and or atrophied achilles tendon . You need to stretch and have another evaluation to determine the condition of the plantar fascia and what steps you need to get the calf muscle back in shape.