Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Zuckerman's enquiries

Posted by mohez on 2/27/01 at 20:42 (040033)

Dr. Z

Last we corresponded you wanted to know about the laser therapy, I am getting. It is called Low Energy Photon Therapy. Its a new procedure invented by a Dr. Natasha Filelenko. What is it exactly you want to know about this? They use the treatment for Tennis elbow and PF.

Mohez

Re: Dr. Zuckerman's enquiries

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/27/01 at 20:50 (040034)

Hi,

That's the procedure that I first heard about from Heidi Brunner who works at the Bayshore ESWT center in Canada.

What I want to know is how do I learn more about it and is it helpful to add to my ESWT program. Heidi tells me that it reduces the healing for ESWT patients.

I want to learn more about this. Do you know the name of the company that makes the laser and how I can locate and contact them. I never received the information that heidi was going to send me. So any help is great.

Mohez on 2/27/01 at 21:15 (040038)

Dr. Z

I do not think that this is the same treatment as Heidi is advocating. I went to the Bayshore clinic for its opening, unfortunately Heidi was not there ( due to family commitments ). They use some form of ESWT at Bayshore - I believe it is the same or similar to the orbasone. The machine is also hooked up to a ultrasound machine that shows your foot as it is getting the shock waves. I will definetly get you a contact name etc for the low energy photon machine.

Mohez

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/27/01 at 21:59 (040040)

Heidi is using both the Low energy ESWT with Sonorex and post-op they are using photon laser therapy. The theory is that by adding the photon laser therapy it reduces the post-op healing with the ESWT. Apparently instead of the typical six weeks post-op ESWT period of healing by adding the photon laser post-op they are reducing the ESWT post-op period to less then six weeks. So this is the Bayshore program.

Would appreciate the contact name for the photon laser manufactor.

Thanks very much. Let me know how it is helping your foot.

What I would like to investigate is the combinaton of high energy ESWT and using the photon laser after the ESWT treatments.

Heidi on 3/02/01 at 12:09 (040276)

Hey Dr. Z,

Sorry I haven't been visiting the site lately. I do use LEPT in conjunction with ESWT in our clinic - you were right. THe company name is International Medical Instruments (IMI).

I will look up the number for you and email you later on this weekend. I know I have an email address for them too hangning around.

Heidi

Re: I tried your email address and it didn't work

Heidi on 3/02/01 at 12:13 (040277)

Hi Mohez,

I tried to contact you via email and it was sent back. Please feel free to call me or write (via email). I would love to meet with you and see if we can help with that horrible tennis elbow of yours (I'm pretty sure that's what Rick said you have).

ESWT.markham@bayshore.ca
(905)940-6850

Sorry for this personal email everyone but I couldn't get in touch with Mohez otherwise.

Heidi

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/27/01 at 20:50 (040034)

Hi,

That's the procedure that I first heard about from Heidi Brunner who works at the Bayshore ESWT center in Canada.

What I want to know is how do I learn more about it and is it helpful to add to my ESWT program. Heidi tells me that it reduces the healing for ESWT patients.

I want to learn more about this. Do you know the name of the company that makes the laser and how I can locate and contact them. I never received the information that heidi was going to send me. So any help is great.

Mohez on 2/27/01 at 21:15 (040038)

Dr. Z

I do not think that this is the same treatment as Heidi is advocating. I went to the Bayshore clinic for its opening, unfortunately Heidi was not there ( due to family commitments ). They use some form of ESWT at Bayshore - I believe it is the same or similar to the orbasone. The machine is also hooked up to a ultrasound machine that shows your foot as it is getting the shock waves. I will definetly get you a contact name etc for the low energy photon machine.

Mohez

Dr. Zuckerman on 2/27/01 at 21:59 (040040)

Heidi is using both the Low energy ESWT with Sonorex and post-op they are using photon laser therapy. The theory is that by adding the photon laser therapy it reduces the post-op healing with the ESWT. Apparently instead of the typical six weeks post-op ESWT period of healing by adding the photon laser post-op they are reducing the ESWT post-op period to less then six weeks. So this is the Bayshore program.

Would appreciate the contact name for the photon laser manufactor.

Thanks very much. Let me know how it is helping your foot.

What I would like to investigate is the combinaton of high energy ESWT and using the photon laser after the ESWT treatments.

Heidi on 3/02/01 at 12:09 (040276)

Hey Dr. Z,

Sorry I haven't been visiting the site lately. I do use LEPT in conjunction with ESWT in our clinic - you were right. THe company name is International Medical Instruments (IMI).

I will look up the number for you and email you later on this weekend. I know I have an email address for them too hangning around.

Heidi

Re: I tried your email address and it didn't work

Heidi on 3/02/01 at 12:13 (040277)

Hi Mohez,

I tried to contact you via email and it was sent back. Please feel free to call me or write (via email). I would love to meet with you and see if we can help with that horrible tennis elbow of yours (I'm pretty sure that's what Rick said you have).

ESWT.markham@bayshore.ca
(905)940-6850

Sorry for this personal email everyone but I couldn't get in touch with Mohez otherwise.

Heidi