Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Exercise...in-line skates??

Posted by Bill E on 3/01/01 at 16:10 (040210)

There have been several posts and lots of text in the PF book regarding acceptable exercises. I haven't seen any discussion of in-line skating. My PF started late last summer, through the winter I have been working in the gym with stationary bikes and elliptical cross trainers. But, Spring is just around the corner. As a dedicated 'road runner' I am having a hard time coping with the idea that I won't be on the road as the leaves bud out and flowers bloom!! Has anyone tried in-line skating? That should be an excellent cardiovascular exercise that could be done on the road. Maybe I will end up with skinned knees and bruises on my elbows but at least my psyche will benefit!
Bill

Re: Exercise...in-line skates??

Errol H on 5/01/01 at hrmin (046387)

Bill: I just saw your post since I only check every few months. I actually got my PF from roller blading! Actually, I had a pair of rollerblades that were modified with a longer wheelbase to simulate cross country skis. I was 'sking' 2-3 times a week for 30-60' when my problems started. Don't know if this is typical, but I thought I'd pass this on.

Re: Exercise...in-line skates??

Errol H on 5/01/01 at hrmin (046387)

Bill: I just saw your post since I only check every few months. I actually got my PF from roller blading! Actually, I had a pair of rollerblades that were modified with a longer wheelbase to simulate cross country skis. I was 'sking' 2-3 times a week for 30-60' when my problems started. Don't know if this is typical, but I thought I'd pass this on.