Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Can ESWT be used for an ankle spur?

Posted by Amy on 3/01/01 at 16:52 (040214)

I would search out and consider ESWT before ankle spur removal, if my 2nd cortisone shot fails to help my pain. What, if any, are the complications from ankle spur surgery and how does one develop an ANKLE spur in the first place?

Re: Can ESWT be used for an ankle spur?

Dr. Biehler on 3/01/01 at 18:11 (040227)

It all depends on where the spur is in the ankle ( meaning which bones are affected ). It can be from trama or a systemic disease. Dr. B.

Amy on 3/02/01 at 12:18 (040278)

The spur is on the inside ankle toward the bottom right side of the ankle. What is a systemic disease? What is your opinion Dr. B of a cortisone shot being given in the posterior tibial nerve as mine was done. Shouldn't it have been given in the inflamed tissue? I really think my doctor made a mistake. Now when I gently run my finger along this nerve, stretch my leg out straight from a sitting postion or bend over, I feel the same pain that goes from my heel to my big toe. This is the same pain I felt when he tried to gave me the shot. I value your opinion and Dr. Z's as well. If I have to I will cancel my appointment for the second cortisone and get a second opinion. Do you fell that is what I should do?

Dr. Biehler on 3/01/01 at 18:11 (040227)

It all depends on where the spur is in the ankle ( meaning which bones are affected ). It can be from trama or a systemic disease. Dr. B.

Amy on 3/02/01 at 12:18 (040278)

The spur is on the inside ankle toward the bottom right side of the ankle. What is a systemic disease? What is your opinion Dr. B of a cortisone shot being given in the posterior tibial nerve as mine was done. Shouldn't it have been given in the inflamed tissue? I really think my doctor made a mistake. Now when I gently run my finger along this nerve, stretch my leg out straight from a sitting postion or bend over, I feel the same pain that goes from my heel to my big toe. This is the same pain I felt when he tried to gave me the shot. I value your opinion and Dr. Z's as well. If I have to I will cancel my appointment for the second cortisone and get a second opinion. Do you fell that is what I should do?