Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Z. ESWT Treatment

Posted by Ron G. on 3/01/01 at 17:27 (040218)

Dr. Z, I continue to look for a mid west ESWT site that uses a treatment process that closely resembles what you have described. I've struck out four times. To date what I have found is that Mayo Clinic Rochester, Mn. and UW Madison Clinics don't have the technology. Two sites contacted in Chicago area want to give you one big blast and call it a deal. In my estimation your approach of lower intensity and if needed additional and higher intensity treatments makes the most sense. Have you consulted with anyone that prescribes a treatment protocal similar to yours that is located closer to Wisconsin?

Re: Dr. Z. ESWT Treatment

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/01/01 at 17:54 (040222)

My approach is a high energy with the orbasone. I do like to do multiple treatment instead of waiting the full twelve weeks. Each and every patient will be different. I go with the fact that multiple treatment are beneficial to the healing process even when in alot of cases one treatment is the cure.

Ron G. on 3/01/01 at 22:54 (040240)

If your using high energy orbasone treatments what technique allows you to use a local or no anesthetic Vs. the two locations I contacted using IV sedation ? I'd like to use you for the procedure but the distance would make it very difficult logistically if retreatment is needed. Is there any specific Pod. or location in the mid west that you would recommend?

Lori E. on 3/01/01 at 23:58 (040243)

Ron,
I live in MN and won the Dr. Z Orbasone lotto. There was another winner who just got her treatment this month. Maybe living in the Midwest makes you lucky. I didn't find anything in MN or the surrounding area either. Which is why I entered the lotto. The odds are pretty good. Its worth a shot. Enter the lotto, and look into getting the treatment from Dr. Z if you don't win. Dr. Z offers more treatments if you need them. I am making progress after my second treatment.
Dr. Z gives you the option of no pain meds if you choose. I did both treatments without a pain block, no IV sedation. I was fine with it. Dr. Z might not like me saying it, but it felt to me like getting my feet whapped by a big rubber band a bunch of times. From what I heard, it hurts less than getting a tatoo. I guess I have a high pain threshhold. That may have something to do with how bad my PF got. I just walked thru the pain.
Enter the lotto and get some info from Dr. Z. Good luck!

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/02/01 at 11:42 (040271)

You have the WEST coast (orbasone-Mike Shapiro ) in L. A. The point is that this can be done without any IV sedation. In fact you can do this without anesthesia in alot of cases. I am first using low energy to create an analgesic effect that is produced via the shockwaves then I will go up to whatevert is needed.

I have in many cases opened up the orbasone to 21kv with anesthesia and without . If you open up the orbasone to 21kv for an entire procedure then you should consider using a local anesthesia. I believe that there is no real different between 18 kv and using 21 kv . The reason being that you either get the necessary mechanical injury or you don't . You can in addition add the amount of shockwaves instead of increasing the kv.

You can ask the local treatment centers to use only a local instead of an IV if that is what is what is concerning you.

It is only in the USA that I am aware that IV sedation is being used on as a standard part of ESWT procedure.

There is nothing wrong with IV sedation but it isn't necessary in every case maybe in a few cases.

Ron G. on 3/02/01 at 17:31 (040292)

I see my pod. end of March( a six week prescribed rest period). To minimize
wasting any more time I'm going to call him and get any tests I need done prior to my apptmt. What tests should I request to be done that you would need to determine my condition, treatment and if I'm a candidate for ESWT.

Re: Dr. Z. ESWT Treatment or Lori E.

Ron G. on 3/02/01 at 18:01 (040293)

What is the procedure to enter the Dr Z. Orbasone Lotto?

Mary J. on 3/03/01 at 06:31 (040322)

To enter the ESWT lotto, I believe all you have to do is just e-mail you address to Dr. Zuckerman, and tell him you want to enter the lotto. I sent a postcard with my address. Hope you can get some ESWT to help your heel pain.

Errol H on 5/01/01 at hrmin (046388)

Ron: I just saw your post recently. Sounds like you're from Wisconsin, and so am I. What did you find for ESWT? Chicago sounds like the closest place, but it's $7000-8000 for both of my feet. I'm thinking about going to Canada for $1050 US. Any thoughts?

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/01/01 at 17:54 (040222)

My approach is a high energy with the orbasone. I do like to do multiple treatment instead of waiting the full twelve weeks. Each and every patient will be different. I go with the fact that multiple treatment are beneficial to the healing process even when in alot of cases one treatment is the cure.

Ron G. on 3/01/01 at 22:54 (040240)

If your using high energy orbasone treatments what technique allows you to use a local or no anesthetic Vs. the two locations I contacted using IV sedation ? I'd like to use you for the procedure but the distance would make it very difficult logistically if retreatment is needed. Is there any specific Pod. or location in the mid west that you would recommend?

Lori E. on 3/01/01 at 23:58 (040243)

Ron,
I live in MN and won the Dr. Z Orbasone lotto. There was another winner who just got her treatment this month. Maybe living in the Midwest makes you lucky. I didn't find anything in MN or the surrounding area either. Which is why I entered the lotto. The odds are pretty good. Its worth a shot. Enter the lotto, and look into getting the treatment from Dr. Z if you don't win. Dr. Z offers more treatments if you need them. I am making progress after my second treatment.
Dr. Z gives you the option of no pain meds if you choose. I did both treatments without a pain block, no IV sedation. I was fine with it. Dr. Z might not like me saying it, but it felt to me like getting my feet whapped by a big rubber band a bunch of times. From what I heard, it hurts less than getting a tatoo. I guess I have a high pain threshhold. That may have something to do with how bad my PF got. I just walked thru the pain.
Enter the lotto and get some info from Dr. Z. Good luck!

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/02/01 at 11:42 (040271)

You have the WEST coast (orbasone-Mike Shapiro ) in L. A. The point is that this can be done without any IV sedation. In fact you can do this without anesthesia in alot of cases. I am first using low energy to create an analgesic effect that is produced via the shockwaves then I will go up to whatevert is needed.

I have in many cases opened up the orbasone to 21kv with anesthesia and without . If you open up the orbasone to 21kv for an entire procedure then you should consider using a local anesthesia. I believe that there is no real different between 18 kv and using 21 kv . The reason being that you either get the necessary mechanical injury or you don't . You can in addition add the amount of shockwaves instead of increasing the kv.

You can ask the local treatment centers to use only a local instead of an IV if that is what is what is concerning you.

It is only in the USA that I am aware that IV sedation is being used on as a standard part of ESWT procedure.

There is nothing wrong with IV sedation but it isn't necessary in every case maybe in a few cases.

Ron G. on 3/02/01 at 17:31 (040292)

I see my pod. end of March( a six week prescribed rest period). To minimize
wasting any more time I'm going to call him and get any tests I need done prior to my apptmt. What tests should I request to be done that you would need to determine my condition, treatment and if I'm a candidate for ESWT.

Ron G. on 3/02/01 at 18:01 (040293)

What is the procedure to enter the Dr Z. Orbasone Lotto?

Mary J. on 3/03/01 at 06:31 (040322)

To enter the ESWT lotto, I believe all you have to do is just e-mail you address to Dr. Zuckerman, and tell him you want to enter the lotto. I sent a postcard with my address. Hope you can get some ESWT to help your heel pain.

Errol H on 5/01/01 at hrmin (046388)

Ron: I just saw your post recently. Sounds like you're from Wisconsin, and so am I. What did you find for ESWT? Chicago sounds like the closest place, but it's $7000-8000 for both of my feet. I'm thinking about going to Canada for $1050 US. Any thoughts?