Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Just had surgery

Posted by P Helm on 3/01/01 at 17:32 (040219)

I just had surgery on MOnday. This site has been so helpful with helping me decide to even have the surgery. It is such a depressing condition and it seems there isn't too much info about the outcome of the surgery for TTS. ANyway, I have a question. When the Dr. performed the surgery on Monday, he said that I have huge veins or blood vessels I can't remember which.. anyway, he said they were squished together and he had to separate them because they were being restricted. I hope this makes since. ANyway, I was wondering if anyone has heard of this and if they have what causes it?? I am on my pain med now so I hope I am making since. I would love to hear from anyone that has had the surgery..

Re: Just had surgery

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/01/01 at 18:05 (040225)

It has been stated that the enlargement of the viens can be pressing into the tarsal tunnel and contribute to the compression in the tarsal compartment.

Wether they really do contribute to the problem, well time will tell in your surgery. It will take time for your healing good lucky and have a speedy recovery.

Mor S on 3/02/01 at 11:14 (040269)

Hey P.

My surgery exposed the same. Large blood vessels, with no otherwise pathological findings.

3 Weeks after surgery I can carefully say there's an improvement.

Hang in there!

Mor

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/01/01 at 18:05 (040225)

It has been stated that the enlargement of the viens can be pressing into the tarsal tunnel and contribute to the compression in the tarsal compartment.

Wether they really do contribute to the problem, well time will tell in your surgery. It will take time for your healing good lucky and have a speedy recovery.

Mor S on 3/02/01 at 11:14 (040269)

Hey P.

My surgery exposed the same. Large blood vessels, with no otherwise pathological findings.

3 Weeks after surgery I can carefully say there's an improvement.

Hang in there!

Mor