Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My posterior tibial nerve is very upset with me!!!!

Posted by Amy on 3/02/01 at 12:25 (040280)

Well Dr. Z. I think my nerve IS traumatized. Now when I run my finger gently along the nerve, stretch my leg out straight from a sitting position or bend over, I get the same pain as when the cortisone shot was put into the nerve. It's a hell to big toe pain. Should I seek another opinion before going ahead with the second cortisone shot? Will this nerve be forever damaged? Will the inflammation go away on its own without cortisone help - I'm a very patient person who just wants an end to this.

Re: My posterior tibial nerve is very upset with me!!!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/02/01 at 12:55 (040282)

It could be from the surrounding tissues being inflamed and pressing on the posterior tibial nerve, causing tarsal tunnel signs.

I will soak the area in a lot of hot water at this time . to relax the foot and ankle. If is very difficult to determine exactly what is going on with you without a hands on examination. You need to tell you doctor how you feel and spend sometime with him and have him explain to you exactly what he has found and what the steriod treatments are going to do.

On the other hand a second injection could really help you . So go with your gut feeling as to whether you feel you want a second opinion.

Re: My posterior tibial nerve is very upset with me!!!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/02/01 at 12:55 (040282)

It could be from the surrounding tissues being inflamed and pressing on the posterior tibial nerve, causing tarsal tunnel signs.

I will soak the area in a lot of hot water at this time . to relax the foot and ankle. If is very difficult to determine exactly what is going on with you without a hands on examination. You need to tell you doctor how you feel and spend sometime with him and have him explain to you exactly what he has found and what the steriod treatments are going to do.

On the other hand a second injection could really help you . So go with your gut feeling as to whether you feel you want a second opinion.