Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain in feet that creates inability to walk

Posted by Pete B on 3/02/01 at 18:46 (040295)

Dr,
About 8 months ago I woke up one morning and when I stepped out of bed I had pain in my feet it got better as the day went on but after a week I went to my GP..The burning sensation from Plantar Faciitis. I went to the GP and he diagnosed the problem to be PF. Being an athlete for years I never heard of this but took his advise and went to a Doctor specializing in foot problems. he took x rays and determined nothing was broken, I have High arches and he explained that I had PF. He recommended physical therapy and Vioxx. I went through physically therapy for 4x week for 4 weeks(ultrasound, electric stimulation, bike riding, streching) None of it helped. I went back to the Foot Doctor and he gave me 3 options-More PT, The Shot of cortisone or surgery. I went with the shot and continued streching on my own. Still no improvement. I went to an orthopedic next and he changed me over to Celebrix and had me take the methoprednisolone 6 day pack. Improvement happened almost overnight by just doing the same stretching and taking the pills. After a week or so it all came back--a temporary fix. I've tried the night splints with only minor success. I have had to miss many days of work because of the inability to walk. What can I do or who can I see to get on the right path?

Things I have done-stationary bike to warm up, Ice,Heat, Stretching on floor, on stairs against the wall etc., massage, ultrasound, electrostimulation, heel cups, pads, new shoes with arch support, cortisone shots, night splints....

I really just want to walk again pain free. Thanks for the help.

Pete

Re: Pain in feet that creates inability to walk

Russell L on 3/02/01 at 19:04 (040296)

Hello Pete. I have read your e-mail post and I am exactly were you are.
I am also very athletic or should I say was very athletic. I have had pain
now for almost a year.But now it is getting to the point were I can not take it anymore. I have done the stretches and ice packs, heel cups, and two cortisone shots. I am now looking at the ossatron. But I don't have any insurance and wonder how much it cost. I am getting insurance but I want be able to use it for my PF. God is there anything out there that works. I feel like I am about to lose my mind. I can not do the chores around the house ar even work like I need to.Have you check into the Ossatron yet Pete?

Russell L

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/02/01 at 20:16 (040303)

ESWT was made for the situation that you are presently in. Terrible plantar fasciitis over six month duration that hasn't improved at all is the perfect history background for looking into ESWT. We have used ESWT for the past year in over 150 cases with very effective results.
So ask any questions. If you would like an information packet with video just call my office at 1-856-848-3338. The cost of ESWT will vary depending where it is done and the insurance coverage I am told is improving very slowly depending on where you live.

So if there is any information that you may need just let Dr. Z know

DIANE on 3/03/01 at 13:35 (040347)

e-mail me i would love to keep up with your progress if any. your case is just like mine, diane

Russell L on 3/02/01 at 19:04 (040296)

Hello Pete. I have read your e-mail post and I am exactly were you are.
I am also very athletic or should I say was very athletic. I have had pain
now for almost a year.But now it is getting to the point were I can not take it anymore. I have done the stretches and ice packs, heel cups, and two cortisone shots. I am now looking at the ossatron. But I don't have any insurance and wonder how much it cost. I am getting insurance but I want be able to use it for my PF. God is there anything out there that works. I feel like I am about to lose my mind. I can not do the chores around the house ar even work like I need to.Have you check into the Ossatron yet Pete?

Russell L

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/02/01 at 20:16 (040303)

ESWT was made for the situation that you are presently in. Terrible plantar fasciitis over six month duration that hasn't improved at all is the perfect history background for looking into ESWT. We have used ESWT for the past year in over 150 cases with very effective results.
So ask any questions. If you would like an information packet with video just call my office at 1-856-848-3338. The cost of ESWT will vary depending where it is done and the insurance coverage I am told is improving very slowly depending on where you live.

So if there is any information that you may need just let Dr. Z know

DIANE on 3/03/01 at 13:35 (040347)

e-mail me i would love to keep up with your progress if any. your case is just like mine, diane