Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Well I have had some scary news...

Posted by cindyp on 3/03/01 at 10:09 (040328)

My surgeon had called me yesterday(it's been a matter of money, this guy isn't cheap and I have no insurance) and he basically told me we need to start planning this surgery in the next couple of months. I said why. He basically said you will not get better without surgery, you will get worse. I said how worse? What are we talking here? My tumor will become larger, I will start losing feeling in my toes and parts of my foot. Well how comforting I said. Is this true Dr. Z?

Re: Well I have had some scary news...

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/03/01 at 11:35 (040338)

If the tumor is pressing on the nerve such as the lateral plantar nerve then you have to start to do something about this. Yes permanent nerve damage and loss of function of the foot is a very possible with no treatment. So work out the money with him and start to get back your life.

If was my undestanding that you will in unbearable pain. Has this changed.?

cindyp on 3/03/01 at 18:28 (040362)

Well yes it has stayed the same and sometimes it seems much worse. My thing is that I am not big on medicine. Don't like to take a handful of pills and that is what I do everyday. Doesn't help much if at all. Wow that's a bummer.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/03/01 at 11:35 (040338)

If the tumor is pressing on the nerve such as the lateral plantar nerve then you have to start to do something about this. Yes permanent nerve damage and loss of function of the foot is a very possible with no treatment. So work out the money with him and start to get back your life.

If was my undestanding that you will in unbearable pain. Has this changed.?

cindyp on 3/03/01 at 18:28 (040362)

Well yes it has stayed the same and sometimes it seems much worse. My thing is that I am not big on medicine. Don't like to take a handful of pills and that is what I do everyday. Doesn't help much if at all. Wow that's a bummer.