Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Orbason vs. Ossatron question

Posted by Beverly on 3/03/01 at 16:24 (040354)

I'm probably not spelling these two machines correctly, but I continue to be interested in trying EWST. I have made some progress but it is easy for me to relaspse whenever I try to resume normal activities. At the moment, I'm trying to loose weight. I'm about 20 pounds overweight (but it wouldn't hurt me to loose 30). I am beginning to notice locations for EWST in Texas but all of the locations I've noted use the Orbason (spelling?) rather than the Ossatron that Dr. Z. uses. Do I have this correct: the Orbason is the low energy machine and the Ossatron is the high energy machine? Other than taking more zaps to get results, are the end results of these two machines any different when used my a well trained doctor?

Also, would it make any difference if I could loose even 10 or 15 pounds before I do EWST? Would increase my chances of success? As many of you know, I don't work on my feet, and I've had plenty of rest, stretching, dedication to proper footwear, and PT. I am happy to say I am beginning to get periods of feeling much better, but they are shortlived.

Thank you,
Beverly

Re: Orbason vs. Ossatron question

richard perez, dpm on 3/03/01 at 17:28 (040359)

I think it's like comparing blenders, there are many models to choose from, some might have more speeds; but the end result when making your milk shakes is the same.

Both machines delivery the same energy to the same anatomical area. The end result is the same. There are only slight differences. Perhaps the biggest one being the Ossatron is done in an outpatient setting, whereas the Orbasone is done in the office.

DIANE on 3/06/01 at 13:19 (040587)

WHERE IN TEXAS ARE YOU HEARING THESE MACHINES ARE AT?
PLEASE SEND E-MAIL ON THIS. THANKS

diane -tx on 3/13/01 at 11:33 (041303)

where in texas are these machines at?

Re: Bev ---- Dr. Z uses the Orbasone. eom

Steve P on 5/02/01 at 16:08 (046434)

Re: To Beverly Orbason vs. Ossatron question

Pauline on 5/02/01 at 20:03 (046442)

Beverly,
In all fairness to you as a new person to this board and the confusion you have between the two machines you also need to know that at the current time the OssaTron is the only ESWT machine that has been approved by the FDA to be used in the U.S. to treat Plantar Fasciitis and other soft tissue diseases. The FDA as you probably know is the Governmental Body
that examines all new drugs and devices before they can be marketed.

Matt R on 6/14/01 at hrmin (050718)

You should be aware that an Automatic Detention Alert was issued by the Food & Drug Administration on May 31, 2001, which instructed to automatically detain Orbasone devices because they lack FDA approvals. We have found many non-physicians unscrupulously attempting to promote the use of non-FDA approved devices.

Scott R on 6/14/01 at 19:36 (050719)

It would be nice if someone could give us more details. He just came through a search engine looking for info on OssaTron. He probably has never visited this website before.

richard perez, dpm on 3/03/01 at 17:28 (040359)

I think it's like comparing blenders, there are many models to choose from, some might have more speeds; but the end result when making your milk shakes is the same.

Both machines delivery the same energy to the same anatomical area. The end result is the same. There are only slight differences. Perhaps the biggest one being the Ossatron is done in an outpatient setting, whereas the Orbasone is done in the office.

DIANE on 3/06/01 at 13:19 (040587)

WHERE IN TEXAS ARE YOU HEARING THESE MACHINES ARE AT?
PLEASE SEND E-MAIL ON THIS. THANKS

diane -tx on 3/13/01 at 11:33 (041303)

where in texas are these machines at?

Re: Bev ---- Dr. Z uses the Orbasone. eom

Steve P on 5/02/01 at 16:08 (046434)

Pauline on 5/02/01 at 20:03 (046442)

Beverly,
In all fairness to you as a new person to this board and the confusion you have between the two machines you also need to know that at the current time the OssaTron is the only ESWT machine that has been approved by the FDA to be used in the U.S. to treat Plantar Fasciitis and other soft tissue diseases. The FDA as you probably know is the Governmental Body
that examines all new drugs and devices before they can be marketed.

Matt R on 6/14/01 at hrmin (050718)

You should be aware that an Automatic Detention Alert was issued by the Food & Drug Administration on May 31, 2001, which instructed to automatically detain Orbasone devices because they lack FDA approvals. We have found many non-physicians unscrupulously attempting to promote the use of non-FDA approved devices.

Scott R on 6/14/01 at 19:36 (050719)

It would be nice if someone could give us more details. He just came through a search engine looking for info on OssaTron. He probably has never visited this website before.