Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Machines

Posted by James A. on 3/04/01 at 11:30 (040397)

What machine do you recomend and who is using that machine in North Texas?

Re: Machines

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/04/01 at 11:41 (040399)

I am using the orbasone ESWT machine. We have used this machine for over one year with very effective results in over one hundred and fifty patients.

Why the ESWT is being used and a proper work up of the patient is much more important that which machine is better. My opinion is that high energy is better and both the ossatron and the orbasone are able to perform high energy ESWT treatments for plantar fasciitis/heel spur pain

All ossatron procedures are done in an outpatient setting called an ASC.
Most orbasone machine are located in an office setting or an ASC that is part of the doctor's office. All ASC procedure are using IV sedation for this 15 minute procedure. It is my understanding that in the ASC you have to have IV sedation but I am not sure of this for every ASC

So you have to pick the doctor and feel comfortable with his treatment approach and his experience in the treat for plantar fasciitis.

ESWT need to be combined with good post-ESWT managment. If there is any specific question that you have regarding any machine or your specific heel pain problems. Feel free to ask DR. Z

Pauline on 3/06/01 at 14:02 (040609)

James,
The OssaTron ESWT is now available in several locations in Texas. You can contact http://www.healthtronics.com and they will gladly send you a list of all of their sites.

I have the current list Houston has 11 sites, San Antonio 2, Humble 1.
There could be more now. If you don't get yours and want a name and location I'll gladly post what I have in the cities I listed.

You can read about ESWT on Scotts site. Currently, directly from the mouth of the FDA only the OssaTron carries FDA approval for use for Plantar Fasciitis. It has been approved with some restructions. Very shortly Dornier's machine will also have the same FDA approval. They have also completed their studies and are in their 180 day period now with the FDA.

Dr. Z has been using another machine called the Orbasone but it does not currently carry the same FDA approval or rating that was given to the Ossatron by Healthtronics or what Dornier also hopes to get.

Hopefully the Orbasone will also apply for the same approval. I don't know if they can currently continue to sell it to DPM without it carring
some type of FDA approval. An FDA clearance if not the same as approval
so says the FDA. It may look the same, but they don't recognize it as the same thing. So much for the FDA, they are a wealth of information.
Nice to consumers.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/04/01 at 11:41 (040399)

I am using the orbasone ESWT machine. We have used this machine for over one year with very effective results in over one hundred and fifty patients.

Why the ESWT is being used and a proper work up of the patient is much more important that which machine is better. My opinion is that high energy is better and both the ossatron and the orbasone are able to perform high energy ESWT treatments for plantar fasciitis/heel spur pain

All ossatron procedures are done in an outpatient setting called an ASC.
Most orbasone machine are located in an office setting or an ASC that is part of the doctor's office. All ASC procedure are using IV sedation for this 15 minute procedure. It is my understanding that in the ASC you have to have IV sedation but I am not sure of this for every ASC

So you have to pick the doctor and feel comfortable with his treatment approach and his experience in the treat for plantar fasciitis.

ESWT need to be combined with good post-ESWT managment. If there is any specific question that you have regarding any machine or your specific heel pain problems. Feel free to ask DR. Z

Pauline on 3/06/01 at 14:02 (040609)

James,
The OssaTron ESWT is now available in several locations in Texas. You can contact http://www.healthtronics.com and they will gladly send you a list of all of their sites.

I have the current list Houston has 11 sites, San Antonio 2, Humble 1.
There could be more now. If you don't get yours and want a name and location I'll gladly post what I have in the cities I listed.

You can read about ESWT on Scotts site. Currently, directly from the mouth of the FDA only the OssaTron carries FDA approval for use for Plantar Fasciitis. It has been approved with some restructions. Very shortly Dornier's machine will also have the same FDA approval. They have also completed their studies and are in their 180 day period now with the FDA.

Dr. Z has been using another machine called the Orbasone but it does not currently carry the same FDA approval or rating that was given to the Ossatron by Healthtronics or what Dornier also hopes to get.

Hopefully the Orbasone will also apply for the same approval. I don't know if they can currently continue to sell it to DPM without it carring
some type of FDA approval. An FDA clearance if not the same as approval
so says the FDA. It may look the same, but they don't recognize it as the same thing. So much for the FDA, they are a wealth of information.
Nice to consumers.