Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

att: dr. zuckerman -arch release therapy

Posted by iris on 3/04/01 at 14:26 (040419)

dear dr. z.,
what is your professional opinion of arch release therapy. would i be a candidate for it or for another (4th) treatment of shock wave therapy. the tense pain is mainly gone since fluid has been removed from the bursar sac however i am not back to normal (eg-cannot walk for exercise) i am managing to work daily which is a challenge due to the class changes and standing most of the day. i am waiting for my orthotics to be given back to me since dancer's pads were being added. i am still on feldene (since nov.)dr. a wants me to slowly reduce the medication once i get my orthotics back so we can just what, if anything, is helping. thank you for your reply.
sincerely, iris

Re: att: dr. zuckerman -arch release therapy

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/04/01 at 20:04 (040430)

hi Iris

I don't have any experience with arch release therapy. I would be very happy to continue the ESWT treatments any time that you want to. Is arch release therapy the same as ARTS.

iris on 3/04/01 at 20:25 (040432)

i believe that it is the same. i have read as many of the postings as i could find but i did not find any final results from individuals who experienced the therapy.
please email me about the specific doctors you had visited in great neck. this is in reference to emails i had sent to you.

JudyS on 3/04/01 at 21:13 (040434)

Iris, Dr. Z, the 'ART' that we're familiar with around here is Active Release Therapy. It's not a 'release' surgery or therapy for the arch (Plantar), rather it's a very deep massage theoretically designed to break up scar tissue. And it must do so because it hurts like @#$%! The therapy actually has a couple of different names, as far as we know, and Chiropractors are most likely to use the 'ART' acronym.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/04/01 at 22:51 (040441)

I have e-mailed you about the New York Doctors. I am not transporting the orbsone to their office due to the distance . In the future I may start another office site, but for now my only site is Woodbury, New Jersey

Re: att: judy

iris on 3/05/01 at 14:34 (040470)

dear judy,
thank you very much for the information. what have been your experiences with active release therapy? thank you for replying.
iris

JudyS on 3/05/01 at 19:32 (040497)

Hi Iris - I first had the 'ART' with a Chiropractor last spring. The massage was extrememly deep and painful. After a few treatments, and because he seemed vague and because it was a very long drive, I stopped going. A couple months later the head of the Podiatry dept. referred me to a physical therapist whom he described as being on the 'cutting edge' of treating PF. Turns out that PT did the exact same massage but didn't call it ART! Anyway, I went 2 or 3 times a week for several months and I believe strongly that it provided the single greatest step in relief for me. Now mind you, the massage really is very painful but the PT was very cautious about not overdoing if I was hurting too much and recovery was always quick. I'm much much better than before the therapy - but not out of the woods on a daily basis yet - especially if I wear the wrong shoes. I would hasten to say that I'd let my PF go horribly so had a good deal of scarring. And I've also been religious about stretching every morning before getting up - that's pretty much my compromise for not using a night splint.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/04/01 at 20:04 (040430)

hi Iris

I don't have any experience with arch release therapy. I would be very happy to continue the ESWT treatments any time that you want to. Is arch release therapy the same as ARTS.

iris on 3/04/01 at 20:25 (040432)

i believe that it is the same. i have read as many of the postings as i could find but i did not find any final results from individuals who experienced the therapy.
please email me about the specific doctors you had visited in great neck. this is in reference to emails i had sent to you.

JudyS on 3/04/01 at 21:13 (040434)

Iris, Dr. Z, the 'ART' that we're familiar with around here is Active Release Therapy. It's not a 'release' surgery or therapy for the arch (Plantar), rather it's a very deep massage theoretically designed to break up scar tissue. And it must do so because it hurts like @#$%! The therapy actually has a couple of different names, as far as we know, and Chiropractors are most likely to use the 'ART' acronym.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/04/01 at 22:51 (040441)

I have e-mailed you about the New York Doctors. I am not transporting the orbsone to their office due to the distance . In the future I may start another office site, but for now my only site is Woodbury, New Jersey

iris on 3/05/01 at 14:34 (040470)

dear judy,
thank you very much for the information. what have been your experiences with active release therapy? thank you for replying.
iris

JudyS on 3/05/01 at 19:32 (040497)

Hi Iris - I first had the 'ART' with a Chiropractor last spring. The massage was extrememly deep and painful. After a few treatments, and because he seemed vague and because it was a very long drive, I stopped going. A couple months later the head of the Podiatry dept. referred me to a physical therapist whom he described as being on the 'cutting edge' of treating PF. Turns out that PT did the exact same massage but didn't call it ART! Anyway, I went 2 or 3 times a week for several months and I believe strongly that it provided the single greatest step in relief for me. Now mind you, the massage really is very painful but the PT was very cautious about not overdoing if I was hurting too much and recovery was always quick. I'm much much better than before the therapy - but not out of the woods on a daily basis yet - especially if I wear the wrong shoes. I would hasten to say that I'd let my PF go horribly so had a good deal of scarring. And I've also been religious about stretching every morning before getting up - that's pretty much my compromise for not using a night splint.