Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

4-week post-op

Posted by LeAnn S on 3/04/01 at 19:20 (040429)

I am just over 4 weeks post-op. I was non-weight bearing for one week. After my one week check up, I was given permission to put the foot on the floor and walk as tolerated. I remained on the crutches until the end of my second week. After two weeks the stitches were removed and now I am walking in a 'very good' pair of walking shoes with an ACE bandage for support. I returned to work after one week but am restricted to sedentary work for the next 4 weeks as my job involves lots of walking. There has been a dramatic decrease in the pain of my first steps every morning. Late in the day, is when the pain is most noticeable. My pain at this point is about 50-60% less than before surgery. I consider this to be a success after two years of misery. I am still being very careful not to overdo and will see my surgeon again in one week. I am pleased with my surgery so far and do not regret my decision.

Re: 4-week post-op

Terry T. on 3/04/01 at 21:18 (040437)

I am so glad to hear how well you're doing. As I put on Marie's post, I am scheduled for surgery March 14th and am very nervous about the recovery. It is so good to hear success stories. Keep us posted on your progress. It sounds like you're off to a great start.

john h on 5/03/01 at 09:59 (046480)

a common thread i seen to notice among people who have had successful surgery is that they rest their foot with crutches,etc for 4 or more weeks. many people are back on their feet and moving around as usual after 2 weeks or sooner. these people do not 'appear' to do as well as the ones who rested longer. this is just an observation with no evidence to support it.

Terry T. on 3/04/01 at 21:18 (040437)

I am so glad to hear how well you're doing. As I put on Marie's post, I am scheduled for surgery March 14th and am very nervous about the recovery. It is so good to hear success stories. Keep us posted on your progress. It sounds like you're off to a great start.

john h on 5/03/01 at 09:59 (046480)

a common thread i seen to notice among people who have had successful surgery is that they rest their foot with crutches,etc for 4 or more weeks. many people are back on their feet and moving around as usual after 2 weeks or sooner. these people do not 'appear' to do as well as the ones who rested longer. this is just an observation with no evidence to support it.