Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

methylprednisolone

Posted by C on 3/05/01 at 14:37 (040471)

Can I take this while taking MSM, Calcium, Vit. C, Vit. B-6, Vit. B-12, Glucosamine? I have three refills of it which I supposed to take back to back. I was prescribed this to decrease the inflammation of my nerve that runs across my leg and down to my ankle creating the pins and needles feeling.

I just purchased an ankle support which is relieving a lot of that discomfort. Is it okay to sleep with it? Would wearing it too long make my body dependent on it?

Re: methylprednisolone

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/05/01 at 15:50 (040476)

I am not aware of any problems with taking the msm vit etc. If you have three refills of the medrol dose packet that is alot of oral steriods to take . Discusse this with your doctor and or pharmacist to determine what is best for you. Wearing the elastic support at nite isn't necessary since you aren't placing any weight on the foot and ankle. Now if you do this because you want to make sure that you have the support on when first gettting up in the morning that is a very good idea.

Re: methylprednisolone

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/05/01 at 15:50 (040476)

I am not aware of any problems with taking the msm vit etc. If you have three refills of the medrol dose packet that is alot of oral steriods to take . Discusse this with your doctor and or pharmacist to determine what is best for you. Wearing the elastic support at nite isn't necessary since you aren't placing any weight on the foot and ankle. Now if you do this because you want to make sure that you have the support on when first gettting up in the morning that is a very good idea.