Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

10 mos. Post open PF surgey, recent Bone Scan, pain pain pain

Posted by Brian on 3/05/01 at 14:52 (040472)

I have had bad foot pain in both feet for about 4-5 years now. In the early stages, ortho inserts and cortisone did not help. Taping seem to help, but it was a temporary fix for 12 hours.

Last May 5th, 2000, I had open Plantar Fasciotomy on the left foot. By October, the surgeon released me to return to work, but my plant doctor at the factory would not let me back in. I was still suffering from pain similar to nerve pain, and very hypersensitive.

Physical therapy did not improve me, and ultrasounds only hurt me more. Up until today, both of my feet still hurt, the post op foot is still hypersensitive. I am still off work.

Today, I had a nuclear bone scan, and the painful area of my foot displayed a bright white cold spot. Soon after, they scheduled me for some X-rays. Right now, nobody's talking, and I'm sitting here wondering what an interpretation of this cold spot is? Any other suggestions on this foot pain would help also.

Re: 10 mos. Post open PF surgey, recent Bone Scan, pain pain pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/05/01 at 14:58 (040473)

Hot spots are usually what you are looking for. This is when there is increase blood flow to the bone which could indicate either an infection,stress fracture, or just an area of imflamation. Bone scans aren't 100% diagnostic or specific for anything. Sometimes times they can mean alot and sometimes they won't tell the doctor anything that can help him help you

Re: 10 mos. Post open PF surgey, recent Bone Scan, pain pain pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/05/01 at 14:58 (040473)

Hot spots are usually what you are looking for. This is when there is increase blood flow to the bone which could indicate either an infection,stress fracture, or just an area of imflamation. Bone scans aren't 100% diagnostic or specific for anything. Sometimes times they can mean alot and sometimes they won't tell the doctor anything that can help him help you