Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Could I still have this done?

Posted by Claudia C. on 3/05/01 at 22:00 (040520)

I am brand new to this site AND to news of ESWT. Here's my question.......I had surgery on jan. 11 of this year....plantar fasciotomy and bunionectomy, done together, and I am having more heel pain than before the surgery. I am totally miserable and still relying on vicodin at times for pain relief. I am beginning to lose faith in this doctor! Is ESWT something that would help me? Thanks....

Re: Could I still have this done?

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/05/01 at 23:26 (040524)

You need to be non-weight bearing at this time. Please read my post below.
I don't want to sound cruel but my advice is to be non-weight bearing or at least hard cast with crutch.

Claudia on 3/06/01 at 10:32 (040557)

Dr. Zuckerman, when you say 'please read my post below' what are you referring to? Thanks.

john h on 5/02/01 at 09:37 (046410)

Claudia: i had a Pf release,Tarsal Tunnel Release, and Cheilectomy all in August 99. I had my first ESWT treatment the following spring with no problems.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/05/01 at 23:26 (040524)

You need to be non-weight bearing at this time. Please read my post below.
I don't want to sound cruel but my advice is to be non-weight bearing or at least hard cast with crutch.

Claudia on 3/06/01 at 10:32 (040557)

Dr. Zuckerman, when you say 'please read my post below' what are you referring to? Thanks.

john h on 5/02/01 at 09:37 (046410)

Claudia: i had a Pf release,Tarsal Tunnel Release, and Cheilectomy all in August 99. I had my first ESWT treatment the following spring with no problems.