Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

plantar fasciitis with heel bursitis

Posted by Mary on 3/06/01 at 09:01 (040548)

My plantar fasciitis pain has continued but now I have a painful burning sensation from the bottom of my heel to about one inch up the sides. The only site that talks about bursitis of the heel is Dr. Dean Edell's Health Central, but no solutions. This burning is especially painful when wearing the night splint. Has anyone else experieced this burning around the side and back of the heel and found relief in any way?

Re: plantar fasciitis with heel bursitis

Carol on 3/09/01 at 07:13 (040859)

Mary, what kind of shoes have you been wearing? Are you using orthotics? Get yourself some New Balance walking shoes, and go to a podiatrist and have custom orthos made. It sounds as though you do not have the proper support. Good luck!

Re: plantar fasciitis with heel bursitis

Carol on 3/09/01 at 07:13 (040859)

Mary, what kind of shoes have you been wearing? Are you using orthotics? Get yourself some New Balance walking shoes, and go to a podiatrist and have custom orthos made. It sounds as though you do not have the proper support. Good luck!