Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hey, Steve, How'd it Go?

Posted by Cynthia D on 3/06/01 at 12:01 (040571)

Although I'm not a neice, I still care and would like to know how your treatment went. Are you skipping down that Yellow Brick Road yet? Did you do one foot or both. Isn't Dr. Wizard too old to be your nephew? Just kidding, Dr. Z.

Re: Hey, Steve, How'd it Go?

Steve P on 3/06/01 at 18:19 (040643)

Hi Cynthia --- I ended up not having ESWT last month because I have a bone density problem. Dr. Z was the one who found this via x-rays & it was later confirmed by a bone density scan. So I'm now under treatment for the density problem. Whether or not I'll eventually have ESWT has been left open.

Oh, BTW.....I've got 5 years on Dr. Z, so the nephew thing is OK.

Cheers........Steve

Cynthia D on 3/07/01 at 06:52 (040677)

Oh Steve, sorry to hear about the bone density problem. Just what you need is another thing to deal with. I must have missed that information because we were away last week. What can be done about that? And as I understand it, the bone is not supposed to be affected during ESWT, as it works on the soft tissue and calcification. Perhaps if your bones are not dense enough, Dr. Z. didn't want to take any chances. Best wishes to you, Steve. BTW, my regular doc just ordered my first bone density test as a baseline, as I just turned 40. Have you had yours done before?

Steve P on 3/07/01 at 09:57 (040697)

Cynthia -- No, this was my first scan. It showed significant bone loss. But my GP put me on a med right away & thinks that in time it can be turned around. Dr. Z didn't rule out ESWT, but he wants to see the osteo assressed first.

Yep........It's always something!

Steve P on 3/06/01 at 18:19 (040643)

Hi Cynthia --- I ended up not having ESWT last month because I have a bone density problem. Dr. Z was the one who found this via x-rays & it was later confirmed by a bone density scan. So I'm now under treatment for the density problem. Whether or not I'll eventually have ESWT has been left open.

Oh, BTW.....I've got 5 years on Dr. Z, so the nephew thing is OK.

Cheers........Steve

Cynthia D on 3/07/01 at 06:52 (040677)

Oh Steve, sorry to hear about the bone density problem. Just what you need is another thing to deal with. I must have missed that information because we were away last week. What can be done about that? And as I understand it, the bone is not supposed to be affected during ESWT, as it works on the soft tissue and calcification. Perhaps if your bones are not dense enough, Dr. Z. didn't want to take any chances. Best wishes to you, Steve. BTW, my regular doc just ordered my first bone density test as a baseline, as I just turned 40. Have you had yours done before?

Steve P on 3/07/01 at 09:57 (040697)

Cynthia -- No, this was my first scan. It showed significant bone loss. But my GP put me on a med right away & thinks that in time it can be turned around. Dr. Z didn't rule out ESWT, but he wants to see the osteo assressed first.

Yep........It's always something!