Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

tarsal tunnel syndrome

Posted by claudia m. on 3/06/01 at 12:43 (040577)

Hello, Can anyone tell me does the TTS Surgery help? My Doctor is considering the surgery after everything else has failed.I just had the Plantar Facia surgery 8 weeks ago, and it has helped , but I am still in a great deal of pain when being on my feet for only a very short time. I went back to work yesterday for 4 hours and just barely made it. I'm not sure I will be able to continue working with this pain, and my job requires me to be on my feet for 8 hour shifts, not sitting down much at all.If anyone has had good results please let me know. This is horrible. I have been off work for 4 months until yesterday and I really need to get back full time, but my feet won't cooperate. My other foot is hurting also from limping for so long and putting all my weight on it. Would appreciate any help. Claudia

Re: tarsal tunnel syndrome

wendyn on 3/06/01 at 13:37 (040599)

Claudia - see my post on the other board to you...do not let this doctor touch your foot again without first seeking a second opinion from a completely different type of doctor. It's very important that you are sure of what he's doing before you let them have another go at it.

cmintler on 3/15/01 at 16:53 (041570)

Wendyn, Thank you for writing me and your advise. I really do have a very good Pod. Doctor and I have complete faith in him, he is considered the very best here. I've talked to two different people here that he has done the TTS surgery on and they are doing quite well, although one of them said it tookk almost a year befor she was pain free. The surgery has been scheduled for April 10 th. I'm very curious about what to expect and if I will be able to take care of myself after the surgery if anyone has any answers for me. He said I will be in a boot , weight bearing, no crutches, for 3 weeks then therapy. Has anyone wore this boot after surgery? Everything I have from anyone says they had to have a cast on and no weight bearing for so long. Thanks for any info you can give me.

wendyn on 3/15/01 at 17:46 (041575)

Claudia - I still believe that it is in your best interest to seek a second opinion. This is an awful lot of foot surgery in a very short period of time....you still haven't even seen the benefits of the last surgery. You will be less than 3 months post op from a PF release and I believe a bunionectomy (if I have my people straight). There is no way I would be considering more surgery at this point.

claudia m on 3/25/01 at 13:35 (042415)

Wendyn, Have you heard of the boot that you can bear weight the same day as surgery to go the bathroom? Just wondered if anyone has had any comment on this.

wendyn on 3/06/01 at 13:37 (040599)

Claudia - see my post on the other board to you...do not let this doctor touch your foot again without first seeking a second opinion from a completely different type of doctor. It's very important that you are sure of what he's doing before you let them have another go at it.

cmintler on 3/15/01 at 16:53 (041570)

Wendyn, Thank you for writing me and your advise. I really do have a very good Pod. Doctor and I have complete faith in him, he is considered the very best here. I've talked to two different people here that he has done the TTS surgery on and they are doing quite well, although one of them said it tookk almost a year befor she was pain free. The surgery has been scheduled for April 10 th. I'm very curious about what to expect and if I will be able to take care of myself after the surgery if anyone has any answers for me. He said I will be in a boot , weight bearing, no crutches, for 3 weeks then therapy. Has anyone wore this boot after surgery? Everything I have from anyone says they had to have a cast on and no weight bearing for so long. Thanks for any info you can give me.

wendyn on 3/15/01 at 17:46 (041575)

Claudia - I still believe that it is in your best interest to seek a second opinion. This is an awful lot of foot surgery in a very short period of time....you still haven't even seen the benefits of the last surgery. You will be less than 3 months post op from a PF release and I believe a bunionectomy (if I have my people straight). There is no way I would be considering more surgery at this point.

claudia m on 3/25/01 at 13:35 (042415)

Wendyn, Have you heard of the boot that you can bear weight the same day as surgery to go the bathroom? Just wondered if anyone has had any comment on this.