Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

any connection do you think?

Posted by Lauren on 3/06/01 at 13:04 (040584)

Hi. Just wondering about your opinion on this....I had 'tennis elbow' that was treated conservatively for a year, 3 cortisone shots, splint, PT, the whole nine yards...to no avail. So I had surgery to correct it and it is one hundred percent better! Do you think there is such a thing as being prone to connective tissue disorders? I have undergone Rolfing for chronic neck and back problems and I see a chiropractor for those problems now, when I need to. I had a lateral retinacular release to the right knee in 1985 but continue to have patellar problems there. One problem at a time, right? Any thoughts? Thank you.

Re: any connection do you think?

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/06/01 at 13:17 (040586)

Tendonitis is also a repetitive motion injury. So are you very active?
You could have very loose and lax ligaments that could make you prone to this problem

Lauren on 3/06/01 at 13:34 (040597)

Dr. Zuckerman, thanks for your reply. Actually I was a dancer for over 20 years and was told once by a physical therapist that the Jazz dance in particular may have contributed to the looseness of ligaments in the neck area. Wow, I suppose it could be part of the problem couldn't it?

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/06/01 at 13:51 (040607)

There is also a connective ligament looseness that is part of your genes.

Great dancers had very loose ligaments .

Re: I've tried Havanna Joe shoes

Beverly on 3/06/01 at 23:01 (040664)

Someone asked about Havanna Joe shoes. I tried them over several times in the store. They felt like the kind of quality shoes that if I did not have PF, I'd say were dreamy and so soft and comfty I'd love them. But unfortunately, at least for me, they were too soft and did not have enough arch support. Mind you, I fall into the 'like a hard feel under my feet camp.' I love my Birks and once or twice a week if dressed up and mostly sitting, I do well in Danskos or Mephesto's.
Beverly

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/06/01 at 13:17 (040586)

Tendonitis is also a repetitive motion injury. So are you very active?
You could have very loose and lax ligaments that could make you prone to this problem

Lauren on 3/06/01 at 13:34 (040597)

Dr. Zuckerman, thanks for your reply. Actually I was a dancer for over 20 years and was told once by a physical therapist that the Jazz dance in particular may have contributed to the looseness of ligaments in the neck area. Wow, I suppose it could be part of the problem couldn't it?

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/06/01 at 13:51 (040607)

There is also a connective ligament looseness that is part of your genes.

Great dancers had very loose ligaments .

Re: I've tried Havanna Joe shoes

Beverly on 3/06/01 at 23:01 (040664)

Someone asked about Havanna Joe shoes. I tried them over several times in the store. They felt like the kind of quality shoes that if I did not have PF, I'd say were dreamy and so soft and comfty I'd love them. But unfortunately, at least for me, they were too soft and did not have enough arch support. Mind you, I fall into the 'like a hard feel under my feet camp.' I love my Birks and once or twice a week if dressed up and mostly sitting, I do well in Danskos or Mephesto's.
Beverly