Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Post op

Posted by carol on 3/07/01 at 03:00 (040671)

Patti - how are you dong? I am still hurting like mad especially at night and am fed up but am told to be patient ! I really don't care if it all comes right in a few months and I can walk normally. Keep in touch. Carol

Re: Post op

Patti on 3/07/01 at 08:34 (040691)

Carol,
I am so glad to hear from you! I am trying to take less of the pain med. since I am about to run out. I go to the Dr. Friday to get my stitches out. I am getting really down too. I hope this works because it is so depressing hobbling around everywhere, AND I am in pain. Last night I couldn't sleep well. I think my leg swells up at night. I can't see it yet because it is in gauze and a splint. Are you still using crutches? When/ how did your Dr. tell you how to walk? I am also afraid of the pain when I start to walk. I try and think of people that have it worse to make myself feel better. I just have an active household and I feel like a big burden to everyone!! I can't wait till I can get back to taking care of everyone else!!
Thanks for writing.. :)

Patti

Mike on 3/07/01 at 08:51 (040692)

How long has it been since your operation?
I had mine done Feb 7th, a month ago today.
My stitches came out last week, thank God. I wanted to put that foot in hot water sooooooo bad :)
Now Im in a cam walker, but my gawd the pain.
I took pain meds the first three days then didnt need them. Now Im taking them again. No crutches anymore, as Im walking in the cam. The doc said I can stand on the foot in the shower without the cam, but Im so scared to do so. Im not sure if being scared is from the horrific pain in the heel Im having or if some of its in my mind.
Let me know how goes it.
Take care,
Mike

Patti on 3/07/01 at 09:28 (040695)

I had my operation Feb 26th. So, you had your stiches in 3 weeks? I can't believe you didn't have to take pain med after 3 days. I must be a wimp!! Yeah, I can't wait to get mine in water and massage it. My foot feels really crampy. Are you still suppose to rest your leg a lot?? Do you have to have physical therapy?? Sorry for all the questions . :) Please let me know..

thanks,
Patti

Patti on 3/07/01 at 08:34 (040691)

Carol,
I am so glad to hear from you! I am trying to take less of the pain med. since I am about to run out. I go to the Dr. Friday to get my stitches out. I am getting really down too. I hope this works because it is so depressing hobbling around everywhere, AND I am in pain. Last night I couldn't sleep well. I think my leg swells up at night. I can't see it yet because it is in gauze and a splint. Are you still using crutches? When/ how did your Dr. tell you how to walk? I am also afraid of the pain when I start to walk. I try and think of people that have it worse to make myself feel better. I just have an active household and I feel like a big burden to everyone!! I can't wait till I can get back to taking care of everyone else!!
Thanks for writing.. :)

Patti

Mike on 3/07/01 at 08:51 (040692)

How long has it been since your operation?
I had mine done Feb 7th, a month ago today.
My stitches came out last week, thank God. I wanted to put that foot in hot water sooooooo bad :)
Now Im in a cam walker, but my gawd the pain.
I took pain meds the first three days then didnt need them. Now Im taking them again. No crutches anymore, as Im walking in the cam. The doc said I can stand on the foot in the shower without the cam, but Im so scared to do so. Im not sure if being scared is from the horrific pain in the heel Im having or if some of its in my mind.
Let me know how goes it.
Take care,
Mike

Patti on 3/07/01 at 09:28 (040695)

I had my operation Feb 26th. So, you had your stiches in 3 weeks? I can't believe you didn't have to take pain med after 3 days. I must be a wimp!! Yeah, I can't wait to get mine in water and massage it. My foot feels really crampy. Are you still suppose to rest your leg a lot?? Do you have to have physical therapy?? Sorry for all the questions . :) Please let me know..

thanks,
Patti