Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

B-12 update!!!

Posted by wanda m on 3/07/01 at 06:21 (040674)

goodmorning everybody, well i am on my 8th shot of b-12. My left foot is about 70% better and the scar tissuse has moved so much, as for the right foot its being stubborn its about 55% better. I wish i could remember all the parts of my foot so i could tell you where it is in my foot now. I am getting better not having to ice like i use to and i can wear NB again and believe it or not i walked the whole mall last night and my husband said slow down. Of course my right foot was hurting pretty bad but what a improvemnet.
I ask Dr shandles if he had anyone else doing this and he said no. I begged him to still get on line and he wants to but wrapped up in office and having new baby but still promises, also plans to set up his own web page. He is so smart it would really help someone out there and i always tell him. His waiting room is always full.
Please pray for me that i will get a complete healing, God Bless and dont give up.

Re: B-12 update!!!

Brian G on 3/07/01 at 07:27 (040679)

Thanks for the update Wanda, it's good to hear your are continuing to improve. It's too bad Dr. Shandles doesn't want to share. This sounds like a new breakthrough that could help help many people, at a reasonable cost. Maybe he should teach Dr. Barrett, then the word would get out :*)

Thanks
BG

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/07/01 at 08:15 (040686)

If he taught me I promise you the word would get out there.

Re: Is the B-12 injected into foot or somewhere else?

Beverly on 3/07/01 at 13:33 (040714)

Wanda,

Interesting. Seems like I've seen someone else post about B-12 shots. Where does your doctor put them - foot, butt, arm? Also, what is the theory on the purpose/success for B-12 for PF?
Thanks,
Beverly

wendyn on 3/07/01 at 13:36 (040715)

Some people believe that B12 can have a theraputic effect on nerves. I have had good results with it - injections are best but high doses of oral is okay too. Anyone with unexplained neurological symptoms (tingling/numbness/pain) should have a blood test done to rule out low B12 as a cause - it can cause neuropathy and eventually permanent damage (even death) if left untreated...the process is usually very slow and it would be very unusual to actual die from it in this day and age. Most at risk of low B12 are the elderly or those who have problems with digestive system (i.e. Crohns disease).

janet C. on 3/07/01 at 23:39 (040779)

I have great difficulty taking the B Vitamins, and keeping them down. They usually make me feel very nauseaus, even taking them with food. And the more I take, the worse it is. Anybody else have this problem? ~J.

Brian G on 3/08/01 at 06:40 (040792)

Hi Janet,

Have your tried the time release Vit B caps? They might be easier on your system.

Brian G

wendyn on 3/08/01 at 07:04 (040795)

Maybe it's one of the other B's - try switching to just a B12.

janet C. on 3/08/01 at 15:09 (040814)

OK, thanks for the ideas and feedback. I have B Complex, that has B6, B12, and Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Folic Acid, etc. And it makes me feel sick just smelling the open bottle! Maybe I'll try to find some time-release B12 at the store.
Thanx again, Janet

wanda m on 3/08/01 at 16:52 (040823)

dr shandles puts them right on top of the nerve, the takes a pencil eraser and finds the spot of pain and circles it and then thats where the shot goes, my is on the side of the ankle and the little circle of muscle almost to arch. i think that probably was me posting about the b-12. I may be wrong but i dont think the shots work for Pf, but if u have scar tissue it may, good question for the dr will ask on mon.

wanda m on 3/08/01 at 16:55 (040824)

dr z did u get my email? i told dr shandles that u wanted to speak to him and he said fine, and that he wants to get on but so busy with office and new baby, but if u want to call maybe yall could set somthing up. Let me know if i can help!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Does it hurt to get B-12 in the foot?

Beverly on 3/08/01 at 22:17 (040836)

Does it hurt to have the B-12 in the foot? I had a cortizone shot in my foot this summer... both feet, and it about brought me off the table.
Thanks,
Beverly

Re: Find it interesting????? B-12 update!!!

Pauline on 3/11/01 at 09:13 (041018)

I find it interesting the Dr. Shandles doesn't seem to want to share his knowledge and finding with other Pods. I thought something like this break through treatment for PF would be shared at Seminars and other professional meetings. Keeping it to himself would lead one to believe
he is still testing his theory. After several patients maybe he will be publishing a paper on his treatment. This could be a breakthrough treatment that just needs more docummentaion. Dr. Z let us know if he publishes.

Brian G on 3/11/01 at 13:03 (041046)

From talking to Wanda, Dr. Shandles is treating TTS with the B-12 shots, not PF. It does sound like a good deal though.

BG

Brian G on 3/07/01 at 07:27 (040679)

Thanks for the update Wanda, it's good to hear your are continuing to improve. It's too bad Dr. Shandles doesn't want to share. This sounds like a new breakthrough that could help help many people, at a reasonable cost. Maybe he should teach Dr. Barrett, then the word would get out :*)

Thanks
BG

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/07/01 at 08:15 (040686)

If he taught me I promise you the word would get out there.

Beverly on 3/07/01 at 13:33 (040714)

Wanda,

Interesting. Seems like I've seen someone else post about B-12 shots. Where does your doctor put them - foot, butt, arm? Also, what is the theory on the purpose/success for B-12 for PF?
Thanks,
Beverly

wendyn on 3/07/01 at 13:36 (040715)

Some people believe that B12 can have a theraputic effect on nerves. I have had good results with it - injections are best but high doses of oral is okay too. Anyone with unexplained neurological symptoms (tingling/numbness/pain) should have a blood test done to rule out low B12 as a cause - it can cause neuropathy and eventually permanent damage (even death) if left untreated...the process is usually very slow and it would be very unusual to actual die from it in this day and age. Most at risk of low B12 are the elderly or those who have problems with digestive system (i.e. Crohns disease).

janet C. on 3/07/01 at 23:39 (040779)

I have great difficulty taking the B Vitamins, and keeping them down. They usually make me feel very nauseaus, even taking them with food. And the more I take, the worse it is. Anybody else have this problem? ~J.

Brian G on 3/08/01 at 06:40 (040792)

Hi Janet,

Have your tried the time release Vit B caps? They might be easier on your system.

Brian G

wendyn on 3/08/01 at 07:04 (040795)

Maybe it's one of the other B's - try switching to just a B12.

janet C. on 3/08/01 at 15:09 (040814)

OK, thanks for the ideas and feedback. I have B Complex, that has B6, B12, and Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Folic Acid, etc. And it makes me feel sick just smelling the open bottle! Maybe I'll try to find some time-release B12 at the store.
Thanx again, Janet

wanda m on 3/08/01 at 16:52 (040823)

dr shandles puts them right on top of the nerve, the takes a pencil eraser and finds the spot of pain and circles it and then thats where the shot goes, my is on the side of the ankle and the little circle of muscle almost to arch. i think that probably was me posting about the b-12. I may be wrong but i dont think the shots work for Pf, but if u have scar tissue it may, good question for the dr will ask on mon.

wanda m on 3/08/01 at 16:55 (040824)

dr z did u get my email? i told dr shandles that u wanted to speak to him and he said fine, and that he wants to get on but so busy with office and new baby, but if u want to call maybe yall could set somthing up. Let me know if i can help!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Does it hurt to get B-12 in the foot?

Beverly on 3/08/01 at 22:17 (040836)

Does it hurt to have the B-12 in the foot? I had a cortizone shot in my foot this summer... both feet, and it about brought me off the table.
Thanks,
Beverly

Pauline on 3/11/01 at 09:13 (041018)

I find it interesting the Dr. Shandles doesn't seem to want to share his knowledge and finding with other Pods. I thought something like this break through treatment for PF would be shared at Seminars and other professional meetings. Keeping it to himself would lead one to believe
he is still testing his theory. After several patients maybe he will be publishing a paper on his treatment. This could be a breakthrough treatment that just needs more docummentaion. Dr. Z let us know if he publishes.

Brian G on 3/11/01 at 13:03 (041046)

From talking to Wanda, Dr. Shandles is treating TTS with the B-12 shots, not PF. It does sound like a good deal though.

BG