Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I Had My Visit With THe Doc today.......

Posted by Claudia on 3/07/01 at 12:31 (040709)

Hi Dr. Zuckerman. You have been nice enough to respond to my post of a couple of days ago, re: bunionectomy and plantar fasciotomy done at same time, so I wanted to run this by you. Saw the doc for my usual every 3 week check today and told him of the SEVERE pain i am experiencing in the heel and arch area (bunion area seems to be healing okay....)and he just said there must be inflammation trapped in the area so i should start soaking the foot in warm water several times a day plus go to physical therapy. I am not feeling completely confident in this ......should I go see someone else or just go through PT and see? Thanks so much.

Re: I Had My Visit With THe Doc today.......

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/07/01 at 17:32 (040745)

This is very good advice at this stage. The surgery has been done and you are going to have a long recovery time. Physical therapy could help the recovey so long as it doesn't make you have more pain.

I wish I have a quick fix but i don't at this time. Rest is very important and only weight as tolerated

Re: I Had My Visit With THe Doc today.......

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/07/01 at 17:32 (040745)

This is very good advice at this stage. The surgery has been done and you are going to have a long recovery time. Physical therapy could help the recovey so long as it doesn't make you have more pain.

I wish I have a quick fix but i don't at this time. Rest is very important and only weight as tolerated