Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain in the heel and inability to walk properly

Posted by Trish E. on 3/07/01 at 14:33 (040724)

There is nothing like getting up in the morning and being greeted with unimaginable pain! It has gone on for a month now. some days are worse than others but when a nerve in involved, as is the case with me I think, it can come on so sharply it stops you in your tracks. I simply hobble around

Re: Pain in the heel and inability to walk properly

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/07/01 at 17:23 (040741)

There a few things in the pf book that could help you. I like very light non-weight bearing stretching before getting up and placing full weight on the feet.

Julie on 3/08/01 at 02:10 (040782)

Trish, before you get out of bed in the morning try:

Curling your toes forward and then stretching and spreading them: this works the whole musculature of the foot)

Bending the feet forwards and backwards at the ankles: this gently stretches the fascia, achilles tendon and calf muscles.

Circling the ankles in both directions.

5-9x each.

Go gently: if it hurts, go more gently. No pain.

Julie

diane on 3/11/01 at 16:14 (041082)

i have found this to be help full in getting up in the mornings. while lying flat on you back do the hips raises, bring your knees up and then push up from our hips, this will put weight on your feet but the bed cushions them .its not bad at all.

Carol on 3/13/01 at 18:19 (041353)

I have also for a month had heel pain in the mornings and found this website. AFter reviewing the messages I came across the vitamin supplement Bromelain. I did some research and found it safe for me to take and started taking it. I used to take Ibuprofen for several weeks and with barely noticeable resultts. Well, right away i mean like one day it started working for me. Try it and be sure to take on a empty stomach. I feel like it is a miracle. Also, i also massage my feet before getting up in the am.

joyce on 3/17/01 at 23:26 (041753)

I have looked at this website for several months now and have gotton some good advice from it. But I went back to my Dr. about four weeks ago and he did bloodwork that showed I have RA and he gave me Vioxx to begin taking. It took away the pain I have suffered with for approximately 4 years now. Could it be possibe I did not have PF as another Dr. told me? I love this medicine. No getting up and hurting from the bottom of my feet clear up my legs. Let me know if you have been tested for RA.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/07/01 at 17:23 (040741)

There a few things in the pf book that could help you. I like very light non-weight bearing stretching before getting up and placing full weight on the feet.

Julie on 3/08/01 at 02:10 (040782)

Trish, before you get out of bed in the morning try:

Curling your toes forward and then stretching and spreading them: this works the whole musculature of the foot)

Bending the feet forwards and backwards at the ankles: this gently stretches the fascia, achilles tendon and calf muscles.

Circling the ankles in both directions.

5-9x each.

Go gently: if it hurts, go more gently. No pain.

Julie

diane on 3/11/01 at 16:14 (041082)

i have found this to be help full in getting up in the mornings. while lying flat on you back do the hips raises, bring your knees up and then push up from our hips, this will put weight on your feet but the bed cushions them .its not bad at all.

Carol on 3/13/01 at 18:19 (041353)

I have also for a month had heel pain in the mornings and found this website. AFter reviewing the messages I came across the vitamin supplement Bromelain. I did some research and found it safe for me to take and started taking it. I used to take Ibuprofen for several weeks and with barely noticeable resultts. Well, right away i mean like one day it started working for me. Try it and be sure to take on a empty stomach. I feel like it is a miracle. Also, i also massage my feet before getting up in the am.

joyce on 3/17/01 at 23:26 (041753)

I have looked at this website for several months now and have gotton some good advice from it. But I went back to my Dr. about four weeks ago and he did bloodwork that showed I have RA and he gave me Vioxx to begin taking. It took away the pain I have suffered with for approximately 4 years now. Could it be possibe I did not have PF as another Dr. told me? I love this medicine. No getting up and hurting from the bottom of my feet clear up my legs. Let me know if you have been tested for RA.