Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

superfeet versus powerstep inserts

Posted by Ron on 3/07/01 at 18:57 (040751)

both of these inserts have been recommend for helping my PF problem. What is the experince of this group on these two inserts.

Thanks Ron

Re: superfeet versus powerstep inserts

Scott R on 3/07/01 at 19:26 (040754)

I have both kinds. The Powerstepss seems to have just a little bit more arch to them.

Barbara TX on 3/07/01 at 20:25 (040762)

I have never tried superfeet, but the Powerstepss were very inflexible and hurt. The cushiony surface was reduced to absolute, hard flatness in 3 days. Not too great! B.

Carl T. on 3/08/01 at 07:37 (040796)

I have not tried superfeet or PowerSteps, but if you have normal to flat arches, I would recommend the HEEL-LITE from Ortho-Dynamics. It controls excessive pronation and provides full length cushioning.
http://www.ortho-dynamics.com/pre.html . It has worked for me.

Beverly on 3/09/01 at 17:50 (040905)

I tried both Superfeet and PowerStep. Superfeet just didn't jive with my feet. For one thing, the arch dug into my feet. I would have loved PowerStep except that the arch was too much on my left foot. Great disappointment there.
I've had the best luck with full length Spenco arch supports. (They make many products but the arch support is the only one that gave me enough support).
Beverly

BRIAN G C Ped on 3/09/01 at 22:38 (040924)

My guess is you suffer from excessive pronation. The othe posibility is that you have the wrong size. DO NOT buy prefab inserts based on what size the package says, buy them based on matching your arch length. This means you may be a size 7 heel to toe, but your arch length may be an 8 or more.

Stnad on the next biger size and if it feels more contoured and matches your arch better, go larger and just trim the end. Superfeet is a good otc device. Also if you have over pronated feet make sure you only wear the device an hour the 1st day, 2 hr the second day and so on. It is tempting to wear them too much too soon, or forget they are in your shoe, but not following this will cause problems in most cases.

Rhett D. on 4/12/01 at 14:10 (044362)

I've never tried Superfeet, but I have a pair of PowerSteps. I use them alternately with my hard orthotics, but find that the arch is too high and tends to irritate my instep after a while. They are just right for cycling. Wish I could just drop them down a tad.

Scott R on 3/07/01 at 19:26 (040754)

I have both kinds. The Powerstepss seems to have just a little bit more arch to them.

Barbara TX on 3/07/01 at 20:25 (040762)

I have never tried superfeet, but the Powerstepss were very inflexible and hurt. The cushiony surface was reduced to absolute, hard flatness in 3 days. Not too great! B.

Carl T. on 3/08/01 at 07:37 (040796)

I have not tried superfeet or PowerSteps, but if you have normal to flat arches, I would recommend the HEEL-LITE from Ortho-Dynamics. It controls excessive pronation and provides full length cushioning.
http://www.ortho-dynamics.com/pre.html . It has worked for me.

Beverly on 3/09/01 at 17:50 (040905)

I tried both Superfeet and PowerStep. Superfeet just didn't jive with my feet. For one thing, the arch dug into my feet. I would have loved PowerStep except that the arch was too much on my left foot. Great disappointment there.
I've had the best luck with full length Spenco arch supports. (They make many products but the arch support is the only one that gave me enough support).
Beverly

BRIAN G C Ped on 3/09/01 at 22:38 (040924)

My guess is you suffer from excessive pronation. The othe posibility is that you have the wrong size. DO NOT buy prefab inserts based on what size the package says, buy them based on matching your arch length. This means you may be a size 7 heel to toe, but your arch length may be an 8 or more.

Stnad on the next biger size and if it feels more contoured and matches your arch better, go larger and just trim the end. Superfeet is a good otc device. Also if you have over pronated feet make sure you only wear the device an hour the 1st day, 2 hr the second day and so on. It is tempting to wear them too much too soon, or forget they are in your shoe, but not following this will cause problems in most cases.

Rhett D. on 4/12/01 at 14:10 (044362)

I've never tried Superfeet, but I have a pair of PowerSteps. I use them alternately with my hard orthotics, but find that the arch is too high and tends to irritate my instep after a while. They are just right for cycling. Wish I could just drop them down a tad.