Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What about the ball of my feet?

Posted by Donna B on 3/07/01 at 19:39 (040755)

Dr. Z, well its my turn for a question, after checking the message board and other links I need to give it a try. I have P.F. had ossatron done 2 months ago on both feet, 3 weeks apart. I didn't think that it worked to well except I am starting to think maybe it did because the arch and heel dont really hurt but the ball of my foot really does and seems to be what is always stopping me. I cant even really find out how well the arch and heel are because the pain in the ball of my foot starts to hurt within an hour then I have to get off my feet. I am going to get a 2nd ossatron. But should I ? Is there anything else that could be causing this. The doctors thought it was wierd that that part of my foot hurt. Do you have any answers? Thanks, Bunnycake1

Re: What about the ball of my feet?

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/07/01 at 20:18 (040760)

This could be compensation from from heel pain and or arch pain due to placing all of your weight onto the front of the foot. YOu could have distarl plantar fascia due to the samething. Could be neuroma pain .

Has an x-ray been taken . Is there swelling. How is the range of motion at the ankle joint.

What is the explanation for this pain. Alot of people will have neuroma pain in addition to heel pain and the neuroma pain will show up after the heel pain claims down.

It can take up to three months for the pain relieve from ESWT. I hope I answered this questions. What are the plans to address this pain in the ball of your feet.

Re: What about the ball of my feet?

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/07/01 at 20:18 (040760)

This could be compensation from from heel pain and or arch pain due to placing all of your weight onto the front of the foot. YOu could have distarl plantar fascia due to the samething. Could be neuroma pain .

Has an x-ray been taken . Is there swelling. How is the range of motion at the ankle joint.

What is the explanation for this pain. Alot of people will have neuroma pain in addition to heel pain and the neuroma pain will show up after the heel pain claims down.

It can take up to three months for the pain relieve from ESWT. I hope I answered this questions. What are the plans to address this pain in the ball of your feet.