Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

EMG results

Posted by C on 3/08/01 at 10:35 (040801)

Yesterday I had an EMG. Wow! Two hours of torture! I'm glad to announce that nothing is wrong in that area, however, they still can't explain why the nerves that shoot down the outer part of my feet hurt so much. The EMG person couldn't understand why the nerves are hypersensitive along the outer part of my feet and under my little toes. They are speculating that the bones along my ankle area could be the cause of it. Could that be possible? Would a bone scan be able to tell?

Also, my family practitioner prescribed me Robuxen (sp?) and Naprosyn for my trapezius muscle which is causing pain to my jaw due to stress and tightening. Would it be safe to take that while I'm taking the Medrol? The pharmacist was clueless. He said if your stomach starts to hurt, then stop. ????

Re: EMG results

Dr. Biehler on 3/08/01 at 10:59 (040804)

A bone scan will not be able to show if there is nerve impimgment. The naprosyn is an anti inflamatory. I would not be combining the drugs without first getting the ok from your doctor. Dr. B.

Re: EMG results

Dr. Biehler on 3/08/01 at 10:59 (040804)

A bone scan will not be able to show if there is nerve impimgment. The naprosyn is an anti inflamatory. I would not be combining the drugs without first getting the ok from your doctor. Dr. B.