Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Spurs

Posted by Eileen ,M on 3/10/01 at 15:21 (040955)

Can anone tell me any information about having the tendons cut so that they grow back longer? I had one heel done and planing on the getting the other one done but would like some feedback asap. thanks

Re: Heel Spurs

Dr. Biehler on 3/10/01 at 16:08 (040957)

Tendons can be cut in special ways to lenghthen them. Did you have a tendon cut, and if so which one was cut? If it was for the back of the heel, was it an achillies tendon legthening? Dr. B.

E.F.M on 3/10/01 at 17:20 (040962)

I don't really know. The doc. said that it was in the middle of my foot on the soul. He cut about a two inch cut on the side of my heel and then cut the tendons in the middle of the foot and filed down the spur. It has been almost four months < which is what he told me it it would take to begin healing, and it is feeling much better, but the other foot need to be done as I have been in a lot of pain with it since last M
ay. Thanks

E.F.M. on 3/11/01 at 11:32 (041034)

Dr.Biehler, I forgot to mention that the spur was right under the heel and it is the same place on my other foot also. Does that make a difference. The one I had surgery on is doing great. Reason I only had one done at the time was because I wanted to see the outcome. Thanks

Dr. Biehler on 3/12/01 at 09:52 (041145)

It sound like you had a plantar fasciectomy wit heel spur removal. The way it was done is the first way I learned to do it. The results speak for themselves. Dr. B.

Dr. Biehler on 3/10/01 at 16:08 (040957)

Tendons can be cut in special ways to lenghthen them. Did you have a tendon cut, and if so which one was cut? If it was for the back of the heel, was it an achillies tendon legthening? Dr. B.

E.F.M on 3/10/01 at 17:20 (040962)

I don't really know. The doc. said that it was in the middle of my foot on the soul. He cut about a two inch cut on the side of my heel and then cut the tendons in the middle of the foot and filed down the spur. It has been almost four months < which is what he told me it it would take to begin healing, and it is feeling much better, but the other foot need to be done as I have been in a lot of pain with it since last M
ay. Thanks

E.F.M. on 3/11/01 at 11:32 (041034)

Dr.Biehler, I forgot to mention that the spur was right under the heel and it is the same place on my other foot also. Does that make a difference. The one I had surgery on is doing great. Reason I only had one done at the time was because I wanted to see the outcome. Thanks

Dr. Biehler on 3/12/01 at 09:52 (041145)

It sound like you had a plantar fasciectomy wit heel spur removal. The way it was done is the first way I learned to do it. The results speak for themselves. Dr. B.