Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Popping feeling in heel and intense pain

Posted by Clay B. on 3/12/01 at 00:13 (041115)

Hello,

I am a first time visitor to your site. Having read the document regarding plantar fasciitis I believe I am and have been a sufferer for quite some time.

I coach Sr. Boy's Basketball and have experienced heel pain for the entire season. Our season closed down this past week and I have not played for about that time. My heels stopped hurting in the last day or so and I was really looking forward to playing volleyball this weekend. (We have a recreational league in town)

Tonight, Sunday, I went to play and was doing really well until I jumped to hit a spike. I felt a 'pop' in my heel and instant pain radiate around my heel area. I had difficulty leaving the court and have been in pain since the injury.

I guess my question is this:

'Have I done serious damage to my plantar fascia?' That being said, how can I best treat this problem.

Thanks. Any information would be helpful.

Clay Bergen

Re: Popping feeling in heel and intense pain

Dr. Biehler on 3/12/01 at 09:48 (041144)

A lot of people feel a 'pop' when they tear either a tendon or plantar fascia. You should see your local podiatrist and have this checked out. If it is torn, you do not want to be exercising with it untill it is healed. Dr. B.

Re: Popping feeling in heel and intense pain

Dr. Biehler on 3/12/01 at 09:48 (041144)

A lot of people feel a 'pop' when they tear either a tendon or plantar fascia. You should see your local podiatrist and have this checked out. If it is torn, you do not want to be exercising with it untill it is healed. Dr. B.