Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

3-12-01 B-12 new report

Posted by wanda m on 3/12/01 at 15:43 (041174)

well just got back from dr shandles got 3 more shots. my left foot is so much better but the right is holding its own, i told him about my feet still burning real bad on the ball of the foot. He smiled and said he knew the answer that it was newromas (not spelled right wish there was spell check) so i got a shot in both of the toe areas and in the muscle part of the arch.
next week we will fit me for orthodics, dr shandles told me today that he is going to paris in may to give seminar to a big group of international dr's. I begged him today to please get on and share his knowledge and he said he was and that he would really like to speak to dr z.
but over all i am better and i believe i will he healed.

Re: 3-12-01 B-12 new report

DR. Zuckerman on 3/12/01 at 16:08 (041175)

I am familiar with the seminar that Dr. Shandles is talking about. It is the World Congress of Podiatry. The only thing Dr. Z knows about b12 shots are the following.

Very popular in the days of Chiropody when Dr. Lewi and Dr. Steinberg were around.

Used for neuroma pain and nerve type pain. Why it works I have no idea. The theory for neuroma pain was that there is an alcohol solution in the B12 used as a perservative. Some podiatrists believe that it is the alcohol and not the B12 that is what is reducing the nerve pain.

When I was first in practice my father routinely gave B12 shots to all of his patients especially the old men that were at a certain age where certain part of the male anatomy don't work anymore. These were patients that had Diabetic neuropathy with the males dysfunction.

I being very curious talked to alot of these old patients and they would tell me that only really took the b12 shots for the males dysfunction and not the nerve pain. So I when I heard about it use for TTS my interest is back again and will moniter any journel for any studies or additional information.

Glad to hear that you are improving and your TTS is getting better. There is something to this just that I don't know anything about this at this time.

Brian G on 3/13/01 at 06:27 (041276)

OK Wanda, love that positive attitude. So now you know, your feet are better because they are drunk :*)
I would hope the Pods at this upcoming World Congress will spend some talking about ESWT and how they can get ALL insurance companies to accept it. I'm sure Dr. Z will keep us informed.

BG

DR. Zuckerman on 3/12/01 at 16:08 (041175)

I am familiar with the seminar that Dr. Shandles is talking about. It is the World Congress of Podiatry. The only thing Dr. Z knows about b12 shots are the following.

Very popular in the days of Chiropody when Dr. Lewi and Dr. Steinberg were around.

Used for neuroma pain and nerve type pain. Why it works I have no idea. The theory for neuroma pain was that there is an alcohol solution in the B12 used as a perservative. Some podiatrists believe that it is the alcohol and not the B12 that is what is reducing the nerve pain.

When I was first in practice my father routinely gave B12 shots to all of his patients especially the old men that were at a certain age where certain part of the male anatomy don't work anymore. These were patients that had Diabetic neuropathy with the males dysfunction.

I being very curious talked to alot of these old patients and they would tell me that only really took the b12 shots for the males dysfunction and not the nerve pain. So I when I heard about it use for TTS my interest is back again and will moniter any journel for any studies or additional information.

Glad to hear that you are improving and your TTS is getting better. There is something to this just that I don't know anything about this at this time.

Brian G on 3/13/01 at 06:27 (041276)

OK Wanda, love that positive attitude. So now you know, your feet are better because they are drunk :*)
I would hope the Pods at this upcoming World Congress will spend some talking about ESWT and how they can get ALL insurance companies to accept it. I'm sure Dr. Z will keep us informed.

BG