Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by carol on 3/14/01 at 02:47 (041418)

Dennis - I am so sorry y9u are still experiencing so much pain. I am sure its nothing to do with age - people on this discussion line seem to be all ages. Has your Doctor suggested PT? Are you sure the pain in the upper leg is TTS. I am a week behind you in surgery and still have a cast on til 26 although have had the stitches out. Must say until a week ago I have never experienced such pain. I really wanted to die but it is slowly getting better. The main thing is to keep weight of that foot and to get the swelling down. My Pod tells us to put cold packs on the outside of the cast (held on with a bandage) and it really does cool the whole thing down. I sleep with the foot of the bed raised on two books and keep my foot up all the time. I have been told it will be slow - at least 6 months but will be able to walk soon when the cast is off. Do hope you can find some relief - we are all rooting for you. What about some vitamins b12 tohelp your mood and if you are depressed badly even some antidepressant to get your through this time. They don't harm. Carol

Re: Age

DENNIS B. on 3/14/01 at 14:05 (041469)

NO TALK OF PT AS OF YET. DR TOOK MY STAPLES OUT AND TOLD ME TO WEAN MYSELF OFF OF THE CRUTCHES 2 WEEKS AFTER SURGERY. NO OTHER KIND OF A BRACE, OTHER THAN THE ORTHOTICS IN MY SHOES. AT THE TIME I WONDERED IF MAYBE THAT WAS A BIT AGGRESSIVE AND I WONDER THAT EVEN MORE NOW.

Re: Age

DENNIS B. on 3/14/01 at 14:05 (041469)

NO TALK OF PT AS OF YET. DR TOOK MY STAPLES OUT AND TOLD ME TO WEAN MYSELF OFF OF THE CRUTCHES 2 WEEKS AFTER SURGERY. NO OTHER KIND OF A BRACE, OTHER THAN THE ORTHOTICS IN MY SHOES. AT THE TIME I WONDERED IF MAYBE THAT WAS A BIT AGGRESSIVE AND I WONDER THAT EVEN MORE NOW.