Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

sorry, I've been away...

Posted by alan k on 3/15/01 at 04:18 (041529)

Hi Everyone,
I had a lot of last minute emergencies before leaving for Thailand a couple months ago. I checked in on the board a few times since then, then did a search on Acu-Flex today and saw that there was some puzzlement as to its disappearance.
We are doing research in Thailand and have some interesting results concerning Thai herbal medicine combined with massage. I may post on this sometime in the future.
Acu-Flex will be back as soon as we get back and if Scott will still have us, which he probably will in some form since he supports anything that gets results.

I wish there was some way to use daily massage as a treatment in america. The problem is that it is too expensive, whereas in Thailand it is cheap and very effective.

One quick thing to report, and then I'll be away from internet again: all the techniuqes that seem to work here studiously avoid direct massage of the painful area of the pf, and focus especially in tendons and muscles running up the leg. They find that direct massage only reinjures the area and slows the healing. This differs from some massage therapies done in the u.s., which are also successful in some cases.

Hi to all my old buddies!

alan k

Re: sorry, I've been away...

Brian G on 3/15/01 at 07:24 (041531)

Hi Alan,

We haven't met, but thanks for the update. I spent a little time in Bangkok, thanks to the USCG. Say hi to some of the most beautiful women in the world for me :*)

BG

Nancy S. on 3/15/01 at 08:46 (041538)

Alan! I'd been getting ready to post with the subject line 'I MISS ALAN K.' It's so good to hear from you. Catch us up some more when you get back.
Nancy

Julie on 3/15/01 at 09:12 (041541)

Alan, are you having a beautiful time in Thailand? It's good to hear from you, and I look forward to hearing more about your discoveries when you're back.

All the best

Julie

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/15/01 at 09:21 (041544)

Have a great trip and come back soon.

Brian G on 3/15/01 at 07:24 (041531)

Hi Alan,

We haven't met, but thanks for the update. I spent a little time in Bangkok, thanks to the USCG. Say hi to some of the most beautiful women in the world for me :*)

BG

Nancy S. on 3/15/01 at 08:46 (041538)

Alan! I'd been getting ready to post with the subject line 'I MISS ALAN K.' It's so good to hear from you. Catch us up some more when you get back.
Nancy

Julie on 3/15/01 at 09:12 (041541)

Alan, are you having a beautiful time in Thailand? It's good to hear from you, and I look forward to hearing more about your discoveries when you're back.

All the best

Julie

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/15/01 at 09:21 (041544)

Have a great trip and come back soon.