Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

surgery options for ankle pain

Posted by Jenn M on 3/15/01 at 09:33 (041546)

Hello. I wrote to you earlier about my ankle pain and I have been told of two options. First, I can get a surgery that they would put a ball under my arch to try to put everything back to normal in my feet and ankles. And the second is just to have surgery on the plantar fasciitis in which they would cut it. Do you have any opinions which would be better for me? Also, I plan on playing another season with this pain are there any tips you have for me to try to limit the pain. There is an Athletic Trainer at my school and she ahs run out of ideas. Thanks for any help.

Jenn

Re: surgery options for ankle pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/15/01 at 11:27 (041557)

I am not sure of the ball in the arch type of foot surgery If you are talking about a plantar fasica release foot surgery,then ESWT is an option for your problem. If you would like additional informational about ESWT you can call my office at 1-856-848-3338 and ask for the ESWT packet and video. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Re: surgery options for ankle pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/15/01 at 11:27 (041557)

I am not sure of the ball in the arch type of foot surgery If you are talking about a plantar fasica release foot surgery,then ESWT is an option for your problem. If you would like additional informational about ESWT you can call my office at 1-856-848-3338 and ask for the ESWT packet and video. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have.