Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

MSM...now DMSO

Posted by Barb-NY on 3/16/01 at 13:11 (041626)

Scott: What type/brand and concentration of DMSO did you use?

Re: MSM...now DMSO

Scott R on 3/16/01 at 16:52 (041651)

http://www.dmso.com is a great place to purchase. I'm not one for brands. I formerly implied diluted with water wouldn't hurt, but I've recently learned that would harm the effectiveness.

Brian G on 3/16/01 at 19:04 (041659)

This is the same site I used when I ordered mine 2 or 3 weeks ago. I ordered the 1 pound gel and got it within a couple days, excellent service. It hasn't helped my heels yet, but it's working for my tennis elbow. I put the MSN cream on first and let it dry a couple minutes. I then use a cheap sadwich baggie on my finger to spread a little of the gel over the MSN cream. Just be careful to make sure your skin is clean when applying the DMSO. I read it will 'suck' any small contaminants through your skin, and it will then have to grow out. Pretty powerful stuff!

BG

Pauline on 3/16/01 at 19:52 (041660)

How do you know how much to use? How many times a day did you apply the stuff? Are there instructions on the bottles?

Barb-NY on 3/16/01 at 20:04 (041661)

I've been using MSM. As I reported on a previous post....I relapsed when I dragged come files across the room at work. My feet felt terrible, but the MSM was slowly kicking in again.

I had a bottle of 99% DMSO. I was relucctant to try it but finally did on Tuesday and Wednesday. It was incredible. Worked almost immediately. Tasted terrible. It also gave me a major 3 day headache. I found out that headaches are one of the side effects. I also found out that I probably shouldn't be using the 99% stuff. I'm going to get a lower concentration and also one that is very pure in quality. The stuff drags everything, including it's own impurities into your system. You really have to be careful with this stuff.

Pauline on 3/16/01 at 20:18 (041665)

What is it actually used for? Inflammation, pain, swelling????
What is it sucking into your body? Were you drinking it, pills? or rubbing in on the feet? I don't know about DMSO. Can you explain more.

Brian G on 3/16/01 at 20:49 (041670)

I'm only using the DMSO once a day, lightly, rght after I get out of the shower. I know my skin is clean at this time. There are no directions on the jar. In fact it says in large letters: 'MAY BE UNSAFE, Not approved for human use'. I told you it was powerful stuff :*)

I would advise going to the website that Scott listed and checking it out. I also went to a search engine and read quite a bit about it before placing my order. I think it is safe, to a point, if the right precautions are used. I don't plan on using it every day, like I am now. After a month or so, I'll probably cut back to 2 or 3 times a week.
On another forum, for chronic pain, I did read about one person that had horrible side effects from the DMSO. He used a lot of it, over a long period of time for his bad back. Something happens over time, that can constrict the blood vessels in your brain. This guy developed horrible migraines, almost took his own life. I'm not trying to scare anyone, just educate yourself about it, and be very carfull when applying it. You can get the cheap, generic sandwich baggies for under a penny each.

My brother's chiro incorporates it into his treatment if the patient agrees. The chiro uses rubber gloves to apply it. You'll never get a doctor to tell you to use it, there is no money in it for them. Good luck

BG

diane tx on 3/17/01 at 06:23 (041691)

please tell me what this is doing once applied. i have never heard of this before.

diane tx on 3/17/01 at 07:05 (041694)

i just got thru looking up dmso and it appears to me there are alot of possible dangers in using this stuff.if what i read was right the bottom line is we have pf and this stuff might cure it but can possibily cause damage somewhere else in the body. i would suggest asking your doctor. but if its working on some and you are happy then i am happy for you.

Scott R on 3/16/01 at 16:52 (041651)

http://www.dmso.com is a great place to purchase. I'm not one for brands. I formerly implied diluted with water wouldn't hurt, but I've recently learned that would harm the effectiveness.

Brian G on 3/16/01 at 19:04 (041659)

This is the same site I used when I ordered mine 2 or 3 weeks ago. I ordered the 1 pound gel and got it within a couple days, excellent service. It hasn't helped my heels yet, but it's working for my tennis elbow. I put the MSN cream on first and let it dry a couple minutes. I then use a cheap sadwich baggie on my finger to spread a little of the gel over the MSN cream. Just be careful to make sure your skin is clean when applying the DMSO. I read it will 'suck' any small contaminants through your skin, and it will then have to grow out. Pretty powerful stuff!

BG

Pauline on 3/16/01 at 19:52 (041660)

How do you know how much to use? How many times a day did you apply the stuff? Are there instructions on the bottles?

Barb-NY on 3/16/01 at 20:04 (041661)

I've been using MSM. As I reported on a previous post....I relapsed when I dragged come files across the room at work. My feet felt terrible, but the MSM was slowly kicking in again.

I had a bottle of 99% DMSO. I was relucctant to try it but finally did on Tuesday and Wednesday. It was incredible. Worked almost immediately. Tasted terrible. It also gave me a major 3 day headache. I found out that headaches are one of the side effects. I also found out that I probably shouldn't be using the 99% stuff. I'm going to get a lower concentration and also one that is very pure in quality. The stuff drags everything, including it's own impurities into your system. You really have to be careful with this stuff.

Pauline on 3/16/01 at 20:18 (041665)

What is it actually used for? Inflammation, pain, swelling????
What is it sucking into your body? Were you drinking it, pills? or rubbing in on the feet? I don't know about DMSO. Can you explain more.

Brian G on 3/16/01 at 20:49 (041670)

I'm only using the DMSO once a day, lightly, rght after I get out of the shower. I know my skin is clean at this time. There are no directions on the jar. In fact it says in large letters: 'MAY BE UNSAFE, Not approved for human use'. I told you it was powerful stuff :*)

I would advise going to the website that Scott listed and checking it out. I also went to a search engine and read quite a bit about it before placing my order. I think it is safe, to a point, if the right precautions are used. I don't plan on using it every day, like I am now. After a month or so, I'll probably cut back to 2 or 3 times a week.
On another forum, for chronic pain, I did read about one person that had horrible side effects from the DMSO. He used a lot of it, over a long period of time for his bad back. Something happens over time, that can constrict the blood vessels in your brain. This guy developed horrible migraines, almost took his own life. I'm not trying to scare anyone, just educate yourself about it, and be very carfull when applying it. You can get the cheap, generic sandwich baggies for under a penny each.

My brother's chiro incorporates it into his treatment if the patient agrees. The chiro uses rubber gloves to apply it. You'll never get a doctor to tell you to use it, there is no money in it for them. Good luck

BG

diane tx on 3/17/01 at 06:23 (041691)

please tell me what this is doing once applied. i have never heard of this before.

diane tx on 3/17/01 at 07:05 (041694)

i just got thru looking up dmso and it appears to me there are alot of possible dangers in using this stuff.if what i read was right the bottom line is we have pf and this stuff might cure it but can possibily cause damage somewhere else in the body. i would suggest asking your doctor. but if its working on some and you are happy then i am happy for you.