Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Dr. Z

Posted by Jen R on 3/16/01 at 14:14 (041628)

Hi. Don't know if you got my e-mails but wanted to ask about TTS. Had Litocane(sp?) injection and was definitely diagnosed with TTS in my right foot (and also little PF). Got a cortisone injection in left foot for PF. That foot might be a little calmer but no dramatic relief. I will be meeting with my doctor and a surgeon (together) soon to talk about my options. What do you think about TTS surgery? I guess my biggest problem is that I don't understand how the exact pain symptoms could be caused by two different problems.
If I wanted to lead a sedentary lifestyle, I'd probably be able to live with the way I am now. But since I lead an active life, is the surgery worth the risk? I've heard scary things about foot surgery and the last thing I want is to end up worse than I am now.
What do you think?
Thanks,
Jen Ross

Re: To Dr. Z

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/16/01 at 15:21 (041635)

Tarsal Tunnel Surgery works in about 60% of the patients that have it done. The healing time can take anywhere from three months to one year to heal.

You can have both plantar fasciitis and Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome going on at the same time.

Visit the surgeon and then we can talk about any questions that you may have.

Dr. Z

Re: To Dr. Z

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/16/01 at 15:21 (041635)

Tarsal Tunnel Surgery works in about 60% of the patients that have it done. The healing time can take anywhere from three months to one year to heal.

You can have both plantar fasciitis and Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome going on at the same time.

Visit the surgeon and then we can talk about any questions that you may have.

Dr. Z