Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

How much relief should I expect

Posted by Alan Veale on 3/17/01 at 06:57 (041693)

If you have PF and wear orthotics how much relief of pain should you accept as being as good as it gets? I have had this for three years now and am at a point where when I get up in the morning the first few steps are painful butnothing compared to what they were before orthotics. During the day at work I know my heel is there but it isn't a debilitating pain as before. Short of surgery should I accept this as the way it is going to be or should I expect total freedom from pain?

Re: How much relief should I expect

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/17/01 at 07:23 (041696)

This is a very good questions. What other treatments have you been doing or have you done in conjunction with the orthosis. If you have been stretching and have the proper shoes, and you are at the proper weight then ESWT could be very beneficial to you.

Before we get into this I would like to know and undestanding if you have had other treatments in conjunction with orthosis because proper streching is a very important adjuntive treatment to orthois use.

If all of what I am telling has been done. Then you should look into ESWT . We have a very good ESWT informational packet and video tape that you can view by just calling my office at 1-856-848-3338

Re: How much relief should I expect

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/17/01 at 07:23 (041696)

This is a very good questions. What other treatments have you been doing or have you done in conjunction with the orthosis. If you have been stretching and have the proper shoes, and you are at the proper weight then ESWT could be very beneficial to you.

Before we get into this I would like to know and undestanding if you have had other treatments in conjunction with orthosis because proper streching is a very important adjuntive treatment to orthois use.

If all of what I am telling has been done. Then you should look into ESWT . We have a very good ESWT informational packet and video tape that you can view by just calling my office at 1-856-848-3338