Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

i cant stand this pain

Posted by lisa z on 3/17/01 at 16:29 (041732)

the pain is not all the time, just now and then when i walk, i am trying to limp all the time so i dont feel it. I want to stop it before it gets worse..how?

Re: i cant stand this pain

Steve P on 3/17/01 at 16:58 (041734)

Lisa --- Have you seen a doctor & been diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis?

What is your treatment program?

Steve

Re: Truly understand how you feel.

Paula G. on 3/20/01 at hrmin (041986)

Lisa, I use a cane when I feel really bad and it helps a lot. This past weekend my family and I went walking and I feel so bad and down because I must sit out and let them walk around.
Try using a cane. It helps with support and takes the weight off the most painful foot. I hate wearing shoes all the time. I am a stocking foot person. But, of course, no more.
I have been fitted for orthotics and they don't really work. The night splints don't really work....
Hope that helps.

Re: i cant stand this pain

Steve P on 3/17/01 at 16:58 (041734)

Lisa --- Have you seen a doctor & been diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis?

What is your treatment program?

Steve

Re: Truly understand how you feel.

Paula G. on 3/20/01 at hrmin (041986)

Lisa, I use a cane when I feel really bad and it helps a lot. This past weekend my family and I went walking and I feel so bad and down because I must sit out and let them walk around.
Try using a cane. It helps with support and takes the weight off the most painful foot. I hate wearing shoes all the time. I am a stocking foot person. But, of course, no more.
I have been fitted for orthotics and they don't really work. The night splints don't really work....
Hope that helps.